Shantaram Cast; Helena Bonham Carter

by Gregory David Roberts

Moderator: Liz

Charlene

Shantaram Cast; Helena Bonham Carter

Unread postby Charlene » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:56 pm

I see where Helena Bonham Carter is listed on the IMDB website as an announced actress in Shantaram. I wonder which part?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000307/

Me thinks that Johnny's production company/future movies is going to be like one ol' happy family of actors/actresses he enjoys working with.

Anna

Unread postby Anna » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:15 pm

Non-Asian women in Shantaram she could play: Karla, Letty (British!), Ulla, Lisa. Funny how Helena Bonham Carter was talking about not being offered too many roles during the CB press conference this weekend. She didn't mention she was going to be in Shantaram with Johnny. Should be interesting.
One minute I’m mushing along with the huskies as usual, and all of a sudden it’s global warming.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:43 pm

This came up when Johnny was filming C&TCF. The story was that Helena was going to be in Johnny's "next" movie. The take on it was that the movie would be Shantaram but there was also a question as to whether the reference was really about Corpse Bride. :eyebrow:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:31 am

Interesting to find this out. I remember being highly in favor of her playing role after role in I, Fatty, but hadn't thought of Shantaram. My money is on Letta.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:12 am

That's what I thought DID..that one source muddled the two films up and they were really talking about CB,then other sites/spurces picked up the story without checking :cool:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Return to “Shantaram”