Meeting Gregory David Roberts (Shantaram)

by Gregory David Roberts

Moderator: Liz

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:48 am

dharma_bum wrote:Christabel… What a privilege. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Move over Veronica, I too have a BIG BAD CRUSH on GRD and this post just made it bigger and badder.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

gilly

Unread postby gilly » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:05 am

Christabel..thanks so much for getting back to us..Boy,there are Deppheads everywhere...I love the sighing audience :cloud9: I have always seen Johnny as Lin,because of the spiritual qualities of both,but now I am even more convinced,because they are both innately charming..[Being a similar height helps too,eh Boo :capnjack: ]...With Warner Bros behind this and given Johnny's recent successful collaboration with Tim,my guess is that Shantaram will be fast tracked......Did you find out where else Greg may be speaking?...I've emailed him about coming to Qld,but I haven't heard back...might try again....Thanks again :bouquet:
Life is beautiful.

I have faith in you.

Christabel

Unread postby Christabel » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:16 am

gilly wrote:Christabel..thanks so much for getting back to us..Boy,there are Deppheads everywhere...I love the sighing audience :cloud9: I have always seen Johnny as Lin,because of the spiritual qualities of both,but now I am even more convinced,because they are both innately charming..[Being a similar height helps too,eh Boo :capnjack: ]...With Warner Bros behind this and given Johnny's recent successful collaboration with Tim,my guess is that Shantaram will be fast tracked......Did you find out where else Greg may be speaking?...I've emailed him about coming to Qld,but I haven't heard back...might try again....Thanks again :bouquet:

... I didn't find out where else or if he'll be making appearances, and his website is NEVER updated, so there's not much of a chance finding out that way. It was really only a fluke that I found out about this appearance of his. However, he gives a lot of special night lectures at Unis around Aus, so maybe you could check in with one up north? Try emailing him again, too. It's well worth the trouble if you get to hear him speak!
The only ones for me are the mad ones...

truelymadlydepply

Unread postby truelymadlydepply » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:12 am

Christabel thank you for sharing your meeting with Greg, he sounds very charismatic - you are right about his website not being updated, he must be very busy. It is great to read about real life encounters. He and Johnny sound like they hit it off - and they both sound very similar in outlook and interests.
Thank you again, that has made my Sunday night. :lilyrose:
"One time he, (Marlon Brando), says to me: 'How many films do you do a year?' I said, 'I dunno. Two or three.' He says, 'You've got to watch yourself. We've only got so many faces in our pocket.' "

Return to “Shantaram”