Desiderata ~ Stanza 3

by Max Ehrmann

Moderator: Liz

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:49 am

Keep interested in your own career however humble. Its a real possession in the changing of time..... If I didnt know better I'd think this line was talking about Captaining the Pearl.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, the world is full of trickery. Beckett even said "It was only good business"!

Let this not blind you to virtue, everywhere life is full of heroism.

All the main characters as pirates at one point were willing to die and to fight against extinction of their freedom of the seas.

Barbossa tried everything he knew first but when all else failed he said. A good day to die is a day worth livin! Just before he grabbled the wheel and turned into the maelstrom.

Norringon died trying to save Elizabeth and free the pirates. Even Gov. Swann was killed because he was going to stab the heart.

Liz and Will thought they would not survive long enough to get married but they both choose to fight for freedom anyhow.
(In sickness and in health with health being the less likely.)

Jack could not bear to let Will die so chose to give up immortality for Will and Elizabeth's happiness.

Jack who always wanted to run had to admit at the end, he never was one to follow trends and belayed all orders to run and stayed to fight Beckett.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:33 am

Well done, gemini! I can't wait for my third viewing this Friday. I'll be reading this discussion again before I go!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Desiderata”