Desiderata ~ Stanza 2

by Max Ehrmann

Moderator: Liz

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:01 pm

It all kind of puts me in mind of what Johnny says about the paparazzi - that now that he has Vanessa and the kids he has perspective on what's important in life, and the paparazzi have become like "insects". That's what I mean by being centered and not letting outside things sway you from what matters. It's going "placidly among the noise and haste".
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:14 pm

Chocolat wrote: Some noises can be extremely toxic to our nervous system and leave us feeling quite uneasy. This state of being only lays an unstable foundation to our spirit. Constant "attack" of loud, inharmonious sounds as well as disturbing visuals (ex: loud, flashy, horrible commercials) are the complete antithesis of what our mind, body, spirit connection is all about. Our bodies will respond to this imbalance in many ways, first, it will to try and extract it from the system by alerting us, making us feel tence. If we ignore that, the body will respond with minor pain, yet another signal. Finally, if our nervous system is subject to further discontent, "dis"ease is the result.
"Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit" really strikes an inner cord with me. I find it best to block any form of aggressiveness that may come my way through my own personal techniques and replacing that with peaceful thoughts, music, laughter and gentleness of others. We have strong spirits, for sure, but we must take care of each level that make up our whole being.

"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter...."
It is helpful to have others to look up to and be guides, however, the importance in achievement within ourselves is based on our own self love and connection to the Source of all Creation. When we come to understand that we are our own sources of creation or what some call the ALL GOOD, then we can truly experience fulfillment in our choices and endeavors. It is only through self indifference that we begin to equate success with wealth, beauty, popularity and the like. We all have our own special and unique talents that are our gifts to share. Find what you truly love and your talent is in that gift and share it with others. Only then there will be no need for comparison, jealousies, or bitterness.

Achievements are only part of the success ... it is the act of doing and sharing, without expectaion of reward, that is the satisfying fulfillment.[/color]

I agree with you in the highlighted area. I and one of my sons were both told that if we did not deal with things that were happening in our lives we would become sick...........as in disease sick. My son was already nauseous all the time and had headaches........I was pretty much the same. You can become physically sick with constant turmoil.
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

gilly

Desiderata -stanza 2

Unread postby gilly » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:31 pm

Wow.What a wonderful bunch of people we are. :grouphug: We could write our own Desiderata :angel: For me ,this verse is about having faith in yourself and trusting yourself.We have all the resources for living inside of us. :angel:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:37 pm

Wow.What a wonderful bunch of people we are. :grouphug: We could write our own Desiderata :angel: For me ,this verse is about having faith in yourself and trusting yourself.We have all the resources for living inside of us. :angel:

Good point, gilly. We have to remember to use those resources. :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Charly

Re: Desiderata -stanza 2

Unread postby Charly » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:59 am

gilly wrote:Wow.What a wonderful bunch of people we are. :grouphug: We could write our own Desiderata :angel: For me ,this verse is about having faith in yourself and trusting yourself.We have all the resources for living inside of us. :angel:

Very good point gilly ~ you said exactly what I`ve been thinking , but didn`t know how to explain .

I enjoy reading all your thoughts and interpretations , but it`s rather difficult for me to explain my feelings .
Therefore I`ll better keep quiet and read . :grouphug:
"He's very intuitive. It's kind of contradictory because he's incredibly intelligent and smart, but he will react from his heart and not from his head." ~ Jim Jarmusch

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:21 am

Charly wrote: Very good point gilly ~ you said exactly what I`ve been thinking , but didn`t know how to explain .

I enjoy reading all your thoughts and interpretations , but it`s rather difficult for me to explain my feelings .
Therefore I`ll better keep quiet and read . :grouphug:

Charly, you do very well! Keep talking! :zoner:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

gilly

Desiderata stanza 2

Unread postby gilly » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:37 pm

Hi Charly,I love your comments and humour.I understand you perfectly :thumbsup:

Return to “Desiderata”