Tim Burton Comments

by Roald Dahl

Moderator: Liz

suec

Tim Burton Comments

Unread postby suec » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:12 am

"I love his Tales of The Unexpected, I love his adult stories. Yeah, I’m certainly a fan of his work."

"I find it (CATCF) odd, because it’s overly sweet when it shouldn’t be, and it’s really dark when it’s really weird. I found it to be almost exactly wrong in some ways."
(Empire mag)

Just thought this was interesting. :eyebrow:
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

hisneverland

Unread postby hisneverland » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:15 am

That's very interesting. :capnjack:

Those are sweet. I can't wait to see CATCF!!!
Didn't I tell you, if you're gonna cheat on me, you don't cheat on my bowling night? Didn't I say that?

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:58 am

"I find it (CATCF) odd, because it’s overly sweet when it shouldn’t be, and it’s really dark when it’s really weird. I found it to be almost exactly wrong in some ways."
(Empire mag)

I thought the same thing. When I have made comments about it being a dark story to people that were young enough to have been kids when the first movie came out they find it odd that I think so. They are remembering it from their perspective as children while I am coming at it from an adult point of view. :eyebrow:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:59 pm

I've only just read CATCF and I have actually never seen the Gene Wilder version. As an adult not fortunate enough to have kids, I obviously approached it with the eyes of an adult...it is a dark tale, almost like a morality play in a way. I shall try and get a copy of Gene's as it will be fun to compare it with the Burton/Johnny version. From the quick clips I've seen, it looks as though Johnny's Mr Wonka is dark, edgy and wicked (unsurprisingly!).
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Return to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”