C&TCF Question #15: Scenes from the movie

by Roald Dahl

Moderator: Liz

axelsgirl

Unread postby axelsgirl » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:37 pm

The scenes that I am most looking forward to seeing are when Charlie finally get the golden ticket and tells his family. Also the first look inside the factory, can't wait to find out what Tim Burton and the set designers have created. I am also curious about the part where Willy goes into the jungle, I saw this in the trailer and it finally dawned on me that was where he discovered the Oompa Loompas.
I really enjoyed this book and the tidbits and the discussion have been really great! Thanks so much Liz and Dithot for all of your research and challenging questions.

:heart2:
axelsgirl
"Yeah, well, let's keep on truckin'!"

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:49 pm

The scene I am most looking forward to is when Willy Wonka makes his first appearance. I expect to find myself on the floor.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

Johnny Fan

Unread postby Johnny Fan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:56 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

I saw Polar Express in 3D at the IMAX and I can't imagine seeing it in a regular theater. I think I will see C&TCF in a normal theater first because I am afraid once I have seen the IMAX there will be no going back!

I know what you mean, DITHOT. I'm definitely going to see in on an IMAX screen, but I think I'll wait a while. With the amount of times I'm planning on seeing this movie over the summer, I'll be flat-out broke if I see it in IMAX every time. I don't think I'd be able to pay much attention to the move anyway, seeing Johnny on that huge screen. :-O

There's no way I'd be able to choose only one scene from the book that I'm looking forward to seeing. I can't wait to see all of it! I do know that I'll be anxious to see Johnny's first appearance onscreen though. Maybe he'll do something really memorable, like with his Captain Jack entrance in POTC.
"Breath. We tend not to think much about it. Each one is a blessing--every inhale, every exhale." -Johnny Depp

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:51 pm

axelsgirl wrote: I really enjoyed this book and the tidbits and the discussion have been really great! Thanks so much Liz and Dithot for all of your research and challenging questions.

You are most welcome, alexsgirl. Thanks to all our readers and posters for your insightful, witty and wonderful answers! Hope we will see you all for Shantaram! :bounce:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

hisneverland

Unread postby hisneverland » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:17 pm

lumineuse wrote:The scene I am most looking forward to is when Willy Wonka makes his first appearance. I expect to find myself on the floor.

I was just thinking that. :capnjack:

Well, a few of those IMAX theaters aren't too hard for me to get to, and I suspect there will be another one closer to me because my friend saw The Polar Express at one not too far away from me. So I'll look forward to seeing that. Thanks everyone. :cloud9:
Didn't I tell you, if you're gonna cheat on me, you don't cheat on my bowling night? Didn't I say that?

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:36 pm

axelsgirl wrote:The scenes that I am most looking forward to seeing are when Charlie finally get the golden ticket and tells his family. Also the first look inside the factory, can't wait to find out what Tim Burton and the set designers have created. I am also curious about the part where Willy goes into the jungle, I saw this in the trailer and it finally dawned on me that was where he discovered the Oompa Loompas.

Oh yes.....the Jungle Scene--one that wasn't in the book, but one to which I am so looking forward.:bounce:

axelsgirl wrote: I really enjoyed this book and the tidbits and the discussion have been really great! Thanks so much Liz and Dithot for all of your research and challenging questions. :heart2:
axelsgirl

You are welcome, Axelsgirl. And thanks to everyone for your insightful participation in this discussion. Remember there is one more question.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

gilly

CATCF Question 15-Scenes from the movie

Unread postby gilly » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:56 am

I'm with all of you :cool: .I just want to see Johnny and more Johnny,especially in that outfit. :capnjack: Joni -I love that scene-square sweets that look round-so funny .Can't wait to see these performing squirrels-just how well can you train a squirrel.?

Return to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”