C&TCF Question #11: Why this movie?

by Roald Dahl

Moderator: Liz

suec

Unread postby suec » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:23 am

es wrote:spoiler,big one

do you this one,ugly looking device,he,greets,
es

Yes, well, that would do the trick! I knew about including his father as a dentist, but hadn't thought about how he would use that. Thanks for posting this. I should think that device would have a significant effect.
There is also something else I hadn't thought about, which is how WW has been "damaged" by his experiences of the spies...
Enough to sack his workers and employ a new workforce. Betrayal always hurts, maybe more if you are a dreamer. It occurs to me that TB would relate to him because of the way WW keeps on going, pursuing his vision, despite the commercial obstacles he has to overcome. And Johnny too.
Last edited by suec on Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

shame_about_rasins

Unread postby shame_about_rasins » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:26 am

KYwoman wrote:Tim wanted Johnny (but then again who doesn't, lol)

Oh My God that made me laugh so much, so much for the disscussion :lol: , i will now go back and read it, and see if i have something more constructive to add. :blush:
before he came down it never snowed.........

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:21 am

shame_about_rasins wrote:
KYwoman wrote:Tim wanted Johnny (but then again who doesn't, lol)

Oh My God that made me laugh so much, so much for the disscussion :lol: , i will now go back and read it, and see if i have something more constructive to add. :blush:

:blush: Sorry to throw you off the track SAR, but couldn't resist mate! Please feel free to add any and all comments. :cool:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

deppraved

Unread postby deppraved » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:43 am

My theory is Tim likes the theme of the book and wanted a challenge to his art with the visuals. And he wanted Johnny (of course) and took the time to sell the idea to him, if I recall it took at little encouragement. The good thing is it's a family film so JD didn't have to worry about co-starring with an aardvark.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:18 am

deppraved wrote: The good thing is it's a family film so JD didn't have to worry about co-starring with an aardvark.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Good one deppraved! Thank goodness for PG, eh? :yikes:

sar wrote: i will now go back and read it, and see if i have something more constructive to add.

There are no wrong answers, sar. Jump in anytime!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

shame_about_rasins

Unread postby shame_about_rasins » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:07 am

I went back and read the disscussion, but i just agreed with everything that was said, i couldnt think of anything else to add, oh well, maybe next time :banghead: :chill: :capnjack:
before he came down it never snowed.........

Return to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”