C&TCF Question #10: Other Movie Suggestions?

by Roald Dahl

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

C&TCF Question #10: Other Movie Suggestions?

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:19 am

Can you think of other children’s books that you would like to see made into a movie starring Johnny?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

es

Unread postby es » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:11 pm

that would be my first booklove,
hasse simonsdaughter,by thea beckman(sorry,its a dutch book)
it tells the story of a group robbers ,they are in trouble and to save his group jan van schaffelaar(he marries hasse) jumps from a tower,hasse then becomes the leadswoman of the group.
why,it was the first book that made me cry and i always thinks that when a book does that,its a very good book,greetings,
es

KYwoman
Location: Kentucky (KY); birthplace of Johnny Depp and Hunter S Thompson

Unread postby KYwoman » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:05 pm

Well, no offense to Mike Myers (who I really like) or his fans, but I think Johnny would have made a better Cat in the Hat....I mean he already is.... (a cat in a hat)

I would also have loved to have seen him as Syrius in the third Harry Potter movie. However, these books are obviously already movies. As far as other children's stories that haven't made it to film yet, well I'm drawing a blank. It's been awhile since I was a kid and not having any of my own I'm really reaching here.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." :motorcycle:

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:07 pm

I'm sure he'd like to be evil Mr Twit in the Roald Dahl book "The Twits"

Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:47 pm

KYwoman wrote:Well, no offense to Mike Myers (who I really like) or his fans, but I think Johnny would have made a better Cat in the Hat....I mean he already is.... (a cat in a hat)

I agree - he would have treated the material with the respect it deserved rather than just as a starring vehicle for himself. The same could be said about The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I'm with you - all the movies I can think of have already been made. For instance, he would have been excellent in just about any role in The Princess Bride (with the possible exception of the giant). I love The Chronicles of Narnia, but I can't really think of a role for him.
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

es

Unread postby es » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:50 pm

lumineuse wrote:
KYwoman wrote:Well, no offense to Mike Myers (who I really like) or his fans, but I think Johnny would have made a better Cat in the Hat....I mean he already is.... (a cat in a hat)

I agree - he would have treated the material with the respect it deserved rather than just as a starring vehicle for himself. The same could be said about The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I'm with you - all the movies I can think of have already been made. For instance, he would have been excellent in just about any role in The Princess Bride (with the possible exception of the giant). I love The Chronicles of Narnia, but I can't really think of a role for him.

the only little role in narnia is perhaps the (what was it)the uncle(?)from the kids,the man who ownes the house were the kids find the closset?
greets,
es

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:52 pm

es wrote:
lumineuse wrote:

the only little role in narnia is perhaps the (what was it)the uncle(?)from the kids,the man who ownes the house were the kids find the closset?
greets,
es

Uncle Diggory!

es

Unread postby es » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:54 pm

oe,your good,couldnt even remember what he was to the kids ,so the name is completly gone,thanks.
very excited about that movie,
es

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:55 pm

es wrote:
lumineuse wrote:

greets,
es

Uncle Diggory!

es

Unread postby es » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:56 pm

yes,i know now the name,you dont have to repeat it!! :-D

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:57 pm

es wrote:yes,i know now the name,you dont have to repeat it!! :-D

oops, I was having a little difficulty posting.... :blush:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:59 pm

KYwoman wrote: I mean he already is.... (a cat in a hat)

Love it! :rotflmao: Yes indeed he is.

I wonder if he will do some more voice overs for animated movies? If I had enough imagination I could come up with one but I love anything by Dr. Seuss or maybe a Native American story?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:08 pm

He would be great in a film of one of Tony Hillerman's books, wouldn't he.

Bohemian

Unread postby Bohemian » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:38 pm

I'm having trouble coming up with a children's book, but how about something in the young adult range? Long before Harry Potter there was Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea Trilogy, which I believe is now up to five volumes. It is an absolute favorite of mine.

They just did a miniseries on the Sci-Fi channel, but it really did neither the story nor the characters justice. It is a journey of self discovery, and I can see Johnny as Ged/Sparrowhawk. His transformation from rash youth to weary, wise Magus would be a wonder to behold. Volumes spoken with his silence, power in his gaze.

Now I am going to have to read the series again!
"I feel sullied and unusual..."

"What do I want for the future? I know exactly what I want, everything: calm, peace, tranquillity, freedom, fun, happiness. If I could make all that one word, I would - a many-syllabled word."

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:49 pm

Bohemian wrote:I'm having trouble coming up with a children's book, but how about something in the young adult range? Long before Harry Potter there was Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea Trilogy, which I believe is now up to five volumes. It is an absolute favorite of mine.

They just did a miniseries on the Sci-Fi channel, but it really did neither the story nor the characters justice. It is a journey of self discovery, and I can see Johnny as Ged/Sparrowhawk. His transformation from rash youth to weary, wise Magus would be a wonder to behold. Volumes spoken with his silence, power in his gaze.

Now I am going to have to read the series again!

I'm used to be a huge fan of fantasy, probably because I fell in love with Tolkien at age 11, but I've never read LeGuin. Whose work would you compare her work to, Bohemian?

Return to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”