by Roald Dahl

Moderator: Liz

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:25 pm

Is this the copy you read, Fansmom?

Actually, I've read both the Blake and the Schindelman versions. :blush:

deppraved

Unread postby deppraved » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:50 pm

Well didn't he mention wanting to play Carol Channing at the Golden Globes? amazing--Carol Channing channeling an 80's Valley Girl--something about the look on his face and the way he says, "eewwwww."
As I read the book, I could hear the high flutey voice of Johnny. almost a cross between Ed Wood and Yogi Victor from KOTH.
the physical description was close except he's not a tiny man, or old, and he's missing the goatee.
At first I was dumbfounded last year when I heard he was slated for the role, but now I am happy and confident and eager to see how well he does justice to the part and maybe even eclipses Gene Wilder's portrayal!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:55 pm

deppraved wrote: Well didn't he mention wanting to play Carol Channing at the Golden Globes? amazing--Carol Channing channeling an 80's Valley Girl--something about the look on his face and the way he says, "eewwwww."
As I read the book, I could hear the high flutey voice of Johnny. almost a cross between Ed Wood and Yogi Victor from KOTH.
the physical description was close except he's not a tiny man, or old, and he's missing the goatee.
At first I was dumbfounded last year when I heard he was slated for the role, but now I am happy and confident and eager to see how well he does justice to the part and maybe even eclipses Gene Wilder's portrayal!

Carol Channing channeling an 80's Valley Girl :rotflmao: Love it! I hear a little Ichabod in there too. Several people have commented that they were surprised there was no goatee and also the smooth page boy hair was a surprise I think. It's going to be a wild ride! :cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”