ONBC Update

by Roald Dahl

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:51 pm

DeepinDepp wrote:No thinker has meditated on Johnny Depp this way before - and surely not in a manner worthly of the object of scrutiny.

Whoa! Amazon makes it sound very intriguing. I think I'll get on the waiting list. Thanks DiD and JDOCD for the info. I guess I missed that thread the first time around.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:29 pm

I've preordered mine it comes out in April I think.

deppraved

Unread postby deppraved » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:41 pm

well, I'd say it's a very good thing I happened to pick up a copy of CATCF on Tuesday. Thank heavens it's no Shantaram, I'm nearly done with it. I'll join in. How hard can it be? It's a kiddie's book! ( I mean that in the most self-deprecating way, keep yer knickers on)
Last edited by deppraved on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeepinDepp

Unread postby DeepinDepp » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:43 pm

deppraved wrote:well, I'd say it's a very good thing I happened to pick up a copy of CACTF on Tuesday. Thank heavens it's no Shantaram, I'm nearly done with it. I'll join in. How hard can it be? It's a kiddie's book! ( I mean that in the most self-deprecating way, keep yer knickers on)

:lol: You crack me up Deppraved!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:58 pm

deppraved wrote: well, I'd say it's a very good thing I happened to pick up a copy of CATCF on Tuesday. Thank heavens it's no Shantaram, I'm nearly done with it. I'll join in. How hard can it be? It's a kiddie's book! ( I mean that in the most self-deprecating way, keep yer knickers on)

It's a quick read to be sure compared to Shataram! Glad you are going to join us! :disco:

Deep, thanks for reposting the info on the Pomerance book, it looks very interesting!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:04 pm

JDOCD wrote:Hello fellow ONBCers!

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this book?

It says it's not available yet but maybe someone knows something.

OMG love the cover!!!THUD!
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Still-Rather-Timid

Unread postby Still-Rather-Timid » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:39 pm

So this Pomerance fellow has managed to turn his JDOCD into a scholarly publication, a line on his academic vita, probably a raise and a promotion at his university job--geez, why didn't I think of that?!! :banghead:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:46 pm

srt wrote: So this Pomerance fellow has managed to turn his JDOCD into a scholarly publication, a line on his academic vita, probably a raise and a promotion at his university job--geez, why didn't I think of that?!! :banghead:

srt, you might be coming at it from a slightly different angle :grin: :rotflmao:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

Still-Rather-Timid

Unread postby Still-Rather-Timid » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:56 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
srt wrote: So this Pomerance fellow has managed to turn his JDOCD into a scholarly publication, a line on his academic vita, probably a raise and a promotion at his university job--geez, why didn't I think of that?!! :banghead:

srt, you might be coming at it from a slightly different angle :grin: :rotflmao:

Heh, heh! Murray Pomerance is just trying to make his interest in Johnny look all detached, scholarly, analytic, and intellectual, but he can't fool me. It's called "sublimation." The man has serious JDOCD!

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:58 pm

Still-Rather-Timid wrote:
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:

Heh, heh! Murray Pomerance is just trying to make his interest in Johnny look all detached, scholarly, analytic, and intellectual, but he can't fool me. It's called "sublimation." The man has serious JDOCD!

Most Definately!
Everything is always okay in the end,

if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Return to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”