FI Question #29: The Killer B's

by Tom Robbins

Moderator: Liz

Gypsylee

Unread postby Gypsylee » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:36 am

Veronica wrote:I can see your point, fansmom, because Im sure if someone came on this board & said a bunch of bad stuff about our Johnny their butts would be kicked right on out. Not saying that people arent allowed to have negative feelings about our Johnny, (how could they :bawl: ) But this is a fan site made for him so its no place for Depp haters. (:bawl: I hate to even say that. How could anyone hate our Johnny! )

LOL.......very good, very funny. Love what you said here.

I too want to thank Liz and DITHOT for all their time and commitment to bringing all these questions to us for our discussions. Excellent, excellent, excellent! THANK YOU!!!

Believe, belong or be damned...... I have been a part of groups where their way is the right way and there are no ifs ands or buts about it. (a church I loved but had to leave, a good intentioned father, and not so good intentioned ex!!) That's what I think TR is saying. Then there are groups like our ONBC... we are free to have our opinions here, we are a community, and we are free to believe a little differently without being kicked out or condemed.

But I agree, I don't think I could handle someone bashing Johnny here. There are basic foundations to a community and the basic foundation for us is the love of all things Johnny. :cloud9:
"In the time of your life, live....so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it." Saroyan

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:53 am

But I agree, I don't think I could handle someone bashing Johnny here. There are basic foundations to a community and the basic foundation for us is the love of all things Johnny

amen sister! :cool:
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

surfmom

Unread postby surfmom » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:21 pm

"Believe, Belong or be damned"

Hmmmmm.......our, uh, current administration?

Yikes, nevermind. Are there rules about politics on this board?!

Ya'll said it well and I agree that as humans we do have a basic need to belong and many communities and groups are beneficial, loving, and supportive. Unfortunately, we can all name instances of politics or religion gone wrong--and that's when the Killer B philosophy takes over.

This is a great board by the way. Liz and DITHOT do a fabulous job keeping things positive and providing insightful questions and tidbits. I might skip CATCF, but will try to read the next book, so that I can dive into the discussions.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:16 pm

surfmom wrote:
"Believe, Belong or be damned"

Hmmmmm.......our, uh, current administration?

Yikes, nevermind. Are there rules about politics on this board?!

Ya'll said it well and I agree that as humans we do have a basic need to belong and many communities and groups are beneficial, loving, and supportive. Unfortunately, we can all name instances of politics or religion gone wrong--and that's when the Killer B philosophy takes over.

This is a great board by the way. Liz and DITHOT do a fabulous job keeping things positive and providing insightful questions and tidbits. I might skip CATCF, but will try to read the next book, so that I can dive into the discussions.

Well, Surfmom, with Robbins, it's not an easy task to avoid the subject of politics. I'm with ya, BTW.

Thanks for the kind words. We've enjoyed having you share your insights with us, and we hope to see you then for our discussion of Shantaram. Just a warning, so that you have enough time to read it--it's 944 pgs. long. :yikes:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates”