The Libertine Question #3 - life 'tis all a cheat

by Stephen Jeffreys

Moderator: Liz

surfmom

Unread postby surfmom » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:02 pm

“When I consider life ‘tis all a cheat; yet fooled with hope, men favor the deceit.”

The above quote recalled another quote from author Paulo Coelho, "It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."

Is hope really so foolish?

surfmom

Unread postby surfmom » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:09 pm

I ended up quoting myself in that post. I am trying to learn how to use all the quote boxes, emoticons, adding photos, etc. I'm just not BB savvy yet!! :-? Bear with me as I experiment. [/img]

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:43 pm

Hey Surfmom! :wave: Glad you found us! Don't worry about the quote boxes, etc., I am still figuring them out too!

Surfmom wrote: The above quote recalled another quote from author Paulo Coelho, "It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."

Is hope really so foolish?

I like your quote. To live without hope would a terrible way to face each day.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:25 pm

surfmom wrote:I ended up quoting myself in that post. I am trying to learn how to use all the quote boxes, emoticons, adding photos, etc. I'm just not BB savvy yet!! :-? Bear with me as I experiment. [/img]

Welcome back, Surfmom. :wave: This board is a little bit more complicated than the old Zone because it has more options. But once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. And I like the quote. I think we can all relate to it here.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “The Libertine”