First Andrew Birkin, next Johnny Depp?

by Andrew Birkin

Moderator: Liz

Sands

First Andrew Birkin, next Johnny Depp?

Unread postby Sands » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:22 pm

I presume most of us have been following the exciting saga of Ivy's Make-A-Wish meeting with Johnny, and so now we know he's actually interested in the Zone.

A while ago when DITHOT managed to involve Andrew Birkin in our discussions I jokingly suggested that we should try and approach Johnny himself and invite him to contribute. Well, maybe it wasn't such a ridiculous idea after all! I'm convinced that the ONBC would really appeal to him. Not sure how he could be contacted though - maybe through his agent?

What do you think?
'Well, it's a little difficult for me to tell right now because I'm kind of having a bad day'

jdsmylover

Unread postby jdsmylover » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:24 pm

I think it would be really great but he's soooo busy at the moment, would he have the time? whoops, edited because I didn't read your whole message Sands, and just repeated what you said about his agent.

Janine
Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible

lumineuse

Unread postby lumineuse » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:30 pm

I was just wondering where he finds the time to read!
"Oh, good!........ No worries, then."

jdsmylover

Unread postby jdsmylover » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:32 pm

I have no experience of this myself, but I've heard that filming is actually quite boring most of the time because you have to wait ages for lighting etc etc to be set up so maybe he reads between takes.

Janine
Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible

Veronica

Unread postby Veronica » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:02 pm

lumineuse wrote:I was just wondering where he finds the time to read!

I watched a show on the making of OUATIM & it was mainly on Antonio not Johnny. Antonio said that movie making is alot of waiting. what else to do than read when waiting.
Last edited by Veronica on Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:43 pm

Well we know that Johnny is a voracious reader. I think in the recent Vanity Fair article the interviewer commented that Johnny showed up for the session with a bag full of books. It would be wonderful but I would be surprised if he would actually participate in a fan site devoted to him. Don't think we wouldn't welcome it if it happened! :cloud9: However, I wouldn't hold my breath :-/
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

MyManDepp

Unread postby MyManDepp » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:08 am

I'm sure he'd be embarrassed as hell if he ever came on here just looking at the things we say about him. :lol:

ObsessedwithJohnny

Unread postby ObsessedwithJohnny » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:51 am

Too true!!
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost - Tolkien
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. Lennon
But why is the RUM gone?! - Jack Sparrow

~SB

Unread postby ~SB » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:03 am

MyManDepp wrote:I'm sure he'd be embarrassed as hell if he ever came on here just looking at the things we say about him. :lol:

I'm sure he would be. . .But as we say in Texas (imagine the twang), "He's just gonna hafta build a bridge and get over that un." :lol:
~SB

"Sometimes even the simplest of moments can leave a morsel that leads to something later on down the road."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:09 am

~SB wrote: I'm sure he would be. . .But as we say in Texas (imagine the twang), "He's just gonna hafta build a bridge and get over that un."

Either that ~SB or else... "He's fixin' to find out how much his fans dote on that boy!" :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

~SB

Unread postby ~SB » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:11 am

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:
~SB wrote: I'm sure he would be. . .But as we say in Texas (imagine the twang), "He's just gonna hafta build a bridge and get over that un."

Either that ~SB or else... "He's fixin' to find out how much his fans dote on that boy!" :lol:

You've got that right DITHOT!
~SB

"Sometimes even the simplest of moments can leave a morsel that leads to something later on down the road."

Sands

Unread postby Sands » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:32 pm

Yeah, I agree it's unlikely he would actually participate in one of our discussions, or even answer a load of questions like Andrew Birkin. Perhaps the most we could hope for is that he might somehow let us have a list of recommended books for our future discussions. He could just send that in via his agent or whoever, without actually participating himself. We can only dream :cloud9:
'Well, it's a little difficult for me to tell right now because I'm kind of having a bad day'

Endora

Unread postby Endora » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:35 pm

Goodness, if he read some of my posts he'd probably be running screaming to the hills by now! :blush:
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:54 pm

Sands wrote:Yeah, I agree it's unlikely he would actually participate in one of our discussions, or even answer a load of questions like Andrew Birkin. Perhaps the most we could hope for is that he might somehow let us have a list of recommended books for our future discussions. He could just send that in via his agent or whoever, without actually participating himself. We can only dream :cloud9:

If he has any interest/knowledge about the Zone, it is possible he knows about us....... who knows, he could even pop in from time to time without us noticing........ (ok, which one of you is REALLY Johnny Depp? :lol: )

But I think you are onto something here, Sands. Perhaps a letter to his agent, or wherever you send Johnny mail, explaining who we are and how much Johnny's love of reading has improved our lives via the ONBC, thanking him, inviting his suggestions ......that would be a wonderful thing, wouldn't it, if he would offer his own reading list recommendations? Certainly something worth dreaming and thinking about!

Vivi Sparrow

Unread postby Vivi Sparrow » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:10 pm

LOL that'd be nice! I hope he'll get in the new Zone

A suggestion to the admins!!!! Maybe he will enter the Zone so you should write something in the main page like... "thank you for entering, Johnny" XD lol dunno but something that turns to him. :bounce:

Return to “J.M. Barrie and the Lost Boys”