Peter Pan Fundraiser For GOSH

by Andrew Birkin

Moderator: Liz

suec

Peter Pan Fundraiser For GOSH

Unread postby suec » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:28 pm

I hope it is OK to post this. It seems relevant as there was information about this last year here.
You may remember that last year, there was a fundraising event with the theme of Neverland held in in Kensington Gardens becaus of the connection between the hospital and Peter Pan. Great Ormond Street Hospital has called this "a huge success" as 10,000 people attended last year, raising approximately £20,000 for the hospital. Therefore, this will now be an annual event, with the money being raised funding a redevelopment of the hospital.
This year's event will be on Saturday 23 July. Fancy dress is either a pirate or fairy. There will be a themed treasure hunt again, and an opportunity to visit Neverland, the Fairies' Winter Palace, Tiger Lily's Settlement, the Lost Boys' Home Underground, the Mermaids' Lagoon and the Pirates' Camp. Tickets can be purchased by phoning 0870 247 1208 or by visiting www.gosh.org.uk. I think it is £12 a head.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:44 pm

I'm glad you posted it suec! And, as I recall, you were our ace reporter in the field for this event last year! :press: I have posted the link to the archieved report below but unfortunately many of the picture links seem to be broken. Not sure why as I still have the pics in my bucket? :-?

http://johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2238
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

suec

Unread postby suec » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:26 pm

Thanks DIDHOT. I'd forgotten that - not that I went :mort3: - but the details in the write-up. There's quite a discrepancy in the amounts of the money raised. I suppose this year's figure takes account of costs so it reflects the final profit, maybe. £20,000 difference seems like a lot of costs to me, though.
"Luck... inspiration... both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment."

Return to “J.M. Barrie and the Lost Boys”