It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: An Update from Andrew Birkin
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:40 am 

For those of you that visit the James Barrie website, maintained by Andrew Birkin, or for those of you that may be interested in doing so, here is an update I received on new material being added:

"Every Sunday I ritualistically add a new poem by my son Anno to his website, and it occured to me that I might do the same for Barrie. Rather than add material to the database ad hoc, I shall in future make a point of adding new material every Sunday (barring accidents or incredible hangovers), which will be summarised on the "Site update" section of the homepage. Although I still have enough unpublished material to keep the site going till 2012 and beyond, I'd be happy to upload interesting material from anyone else who cares to contact me.

Those who haven't visited the site recently might like to know that all my transcriptoins of Barrie's 36 notebooks have now been uploaded. The original scans will follow as and when I have time to scan them from microfilm - assuming Beinecke give their permission for me to do so."

The link below will take you to the website:
http://www.jmbarrie.co.uk/

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:54 am 
JDZ Moderator

Thanks for the update, DITHOT. Those 36 notebooks look interesting. In my free time...

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:47 pm 

I really enjoyed our time with the JM Barrie Study. I only wish I had more time to absorb it all. He has alot of information on there. I took a day when we were discussing the book and listened so some of the interviews. very interesting stuff. Maybe by the time Im 110 I will have read everything I want to read. lolol ya think? :eyebrow:

thanks for the update! :cool:

Today is a gift....Have Fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:36 pm 

You're welcome. The only thing about your theory of being 110 and getting caught up is that it will take me that long to catch up on what I already have. Imagine what is still waiting around the corner! :bounce:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:12 pm 

Thanks for the Birkin update, DITHOT! I haven't been back to his site in awhile, but I used to check it out fairly regularly to see if he had seen and commented on FN yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:16 pm 

I haven't been over myself in a while. I hope he finally saw FN! One way or the other I would like to see his comments.

Wow! What a ride!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]