All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 3 of 7 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Jack Sparrow Moment
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:22 pm 

Hawkeye wrote:
P2:
Favourite scene - The entire "Curiosity" scene with Elizabeth, especially the bit with the cannon! Absolutely hilarious and pure Johnny! :grin:

But I have many, many more. In fact, there's not a single line or scene in which Captain Jack appears in each of the three films that isn't memorable and unique for some reason, and it's because of Johnny's amazing characterisation and acting talent, not to mention the sheer range of his facial expressions. :kiss:

I love that entire "Curiosity" scene and the "ready for marriage" scene.
The cannon & Johnny was funny. I could see that being Johnny's idea.
I'm just surprised Disney let that go.

Again, I must say I loved all 3 POTC movies. And Captain Jack is the "best" pirate ever.
It makes me wish that he truely exists & he's out there sailing the seas. :sailboat: :grin:
But Jack will always be part of Johnny anyways. Johnny has mentioned before how a character will surface when he's out having dinner or something. That would be funny & cute. :innocent: :kiss:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:10 am 

Linny wrote:
:lol: Some great memories there, I love all of the moments mentioned.

I also love the part in DMC where Elizabeth steps aboard The Black Pearl dressed as a cabin boy and Jack at first doesn't recognise her. He says to Elizabeth that she can only come aboard dressed either in a dress or nothing and he would prefer nothing. :lol: I love that part.

I also love in AWE at the end where Elizabeth says to Jack, it would never have worked out between us and Jack says 'Keep telling yourself that darlin'....fantastic. :lol:

Well, these are some of my favorite parts too... And when he tells Gibbs to "hide the rum!" when he realizes it's Elizabeth... :lol: I laugh at that every time I see it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 pm 

There's not only one moment about him.. but I like when he's trying to eat:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 pm 

:lol: Yeah I :heart: that bit too

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm 

Leticia wrote:
There's not only one moment about him.. but I like when he's trying to eat:

Love that scene too. Also love in the extras where they showing him trying to stick the fork in the peanut and failing and finally asking Gore to get the stuntman to do the scene. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:26 pm 

I have to agree with MyManDepp, "and I cannot believe the words coming out of me mouth"... :captainjack: But oh yes I can! EVERYTIME HE'S ON THE SCREEN! :highfive:

Also love the deleted scene from POTC1 where he and Elizabeth are on the rum runner's cash island. Have no idea why they left that out. Seems a pity, eh?

Oh, I do LOVE his chicken imatation in AWE, he's totally hillarious!! As a matter of fact, that whole segment I love! :truefan: What's more fun than a barrel full of monkeys? :perplexed:
A boat full of Jacks!!! :loveshower:

is freedom." -CJS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 pm 

Oh I love the delete scenes :lol:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:42 pm 

I agree with the most of your given favorites! And Jack is unbeatable anyway!

There is one deleted scene from the PotC1 DVD, that I like very much and that is, where he shows Lizzy his scars and he says "No truth at all". There is such kind of sadness and severity in it. It touches me over and over again.

He looked at my pictures then to me and he said "Oh very good" 14/12/2010 in Berlin... the day I met Johnny Depp. 8/11/2011 in Paris... I met him again...19/7/2013 in Berlin...I met him for the third time! UNBELIEVABLE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:59 pm 

Yeah I :heart: that deleted scene as well BonBon, because we see a really vulnerable side to Jack, particularly when he is showing Elizabeth his scars, it's just the expression that he has on his face that for me, just makes him all the more lovable :smiliewithhearts:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:29 pm 

What a great topic and I have loved and agreed with everyone of you :applause2: There are so many great Jack sayings and the part where he is running from the cannibals from the island I actually have a canvas of on my wall :goodvibes:

1) I love his entrance in Pirates 1 and also the naughty "easy on the goods darlin" scene. :heart:
2) I love his smile in prison when he looks under his hat and says to the other prisoners that the dog wont come.

3) The betrayal kiss scene of course and also when he says "Ello Beastie".

4) When he comes back and puts his foot is on the gun Elisabeth is reaching for........oh I could go on and on - you get the gist of it all - must go and watch them all once again it must be at least a few weeks since I saw them :yahoo:

Thanks for all your favourites - love them all :worldhug:

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:45 pm 

I have a million. Alot of them mentioned above already but also these:
From DMC

Tia Dalma: Land is where you are safe, Jack Sparrow, and so you will carry land with you.
Jack: ...This is a jar of dirt.
Tia: Yes.
Jack: ...Is the jar of dirt going to help?
Tia: If you don't want it, give it back.
Jack Sparrow: [greedily] No!
Tia: Then it helps.

And below just part of his conversation with E.Swan:
Jack: [to Elizabeth] One word love: curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist. :heart2:

Jack with disgusted look on his face (to Norrington): You Smell FUNNY! -This is actually my favorite quote from the movie, combined with the face Johnny makes.

Jack: [to Pintel and Ragetti] Guard the boat, mind the tide... don't touch my dirt.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:33 am 

:capnjack: Basically any moment when he is fighting and killing.

When he says to Will Turner "Let me lend you a machete for your intellectual thicket"

I also really like in At World's End when they show all the Jacks on deck. And one of the Jack's has his shirt off and you can see all the tattoos on him. I thought that made Jack even more appealing. :hypnotic:

There are to many moments to choose from.

----Johnny Depp/Public Enemies

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:41 am 
JDZ Moderator

LadyAbberline wrote:

Tia Dalma: Land is where you are safe, Jack Sparrow, and so you will carry land with you.
Jack: ...This is a jar of dirt.
Tia: Yes.
Jack: ...Is the jar of dirt going to help?
Tia: If you don't want it, give it back.
Jack Sparrow: [greedily] No!
Tia: Then it helps.

I agree, LadyA ~ What a fantastic scene that is!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 pm 

Hmmmm...what CJS moment isn't a favorite? This is a toughie...but I'll give it a go...

1) The dead Kraken on the beach scene with Barbossa in AWE. This scene is just so different from how we have gotten used to seeing our Captain. We see the man here, not the myth. Jack is quiet and introspective, and Johnny plays it beautifully. "The world's the same. There's just...less...in it."

2) The 'Black Pearl is freedom' scene in CotBP. This scene sums up one of CJS's main philosophies in life. He's being 'real' again here, but the myth is very much at work as well.

3) This technically belongs in first place, but for my list I had to bump it a tad. His oh so memorable entrance in CotBP. I still maintain that CJS has the best entrance for a character on film EVER. It is funny and shows us just what this pirate is made of without even saying a word. He is always planning, always a step ahead, even if the boat is sinking under him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:59 pm 

I agree...it's so difficult choosing just one moment...any moment Jack is on-screen is memorable, heart-stopping, breath-catching...

I'll count down my top three.

3. I love the whole Jacks-ka-bob scene in DMC. I know there are a lot of people that didn't like the slapstick aspects of the storyline...but I could tell that Johnny was having a FIELD DAY doing that. I laugh myself silly every time I watch it.

2. THE SMILE. The instant that hooked me on Jack Sparrow before I even went into the theater...when Will says, "Here they come." and Jack turns, pistol on his shoulder, and that slow, seductive smile...whoa...

1. When he pulls Elizabeth away from Will at the end of AWE, floats them away from The Dutchman...and when he climbs onboard The Pearl and takes command. For me that was the Jack I loved the most. All prevarication, all artifice, all trickster/smoke and mirrors put aside, the madness of the locker and the hesitation/fear of Davy Jones' hold over him past and gone...Jack is back, determined, steely and totally in control. Truly the Captain of my heart!

:heart:

Page 3 of 7 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next