Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 1 of 33 [ 487 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: TRANSCENDENCE Updates
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 pm 

Some potential casting news for Transcendence from Deadline

Paul Bettany Joins Johnny Depp in Wally Pfister’s ‘Transcendence’

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Thursday February 28, 2013 @ 6:11pm EST
Tags: Alcon Entertainment, Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Transcendence, Wally Pfister

EXCLUSIVE: Paul Bettany is in negotiations to star opposite Johnny Depp in Transcendence, the Alcon Entertainment film that marks the directing debut of Wally Pfister, Christopher Nolan’s cinematographer on Inception and many other films. Alcon partners Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing, and Nolan and Emma Thomas are exec producers.
The film was script by Jack Paglen and the plot is being kept under wraps. The film will start production in the spring, and Bettany will play a scientist. Warner Bros is distributing.
Next up for Bettany is Iron Man 3 (he provides the voice of Tony Stark’s computer Jarvis), and he stars in the thriller Blood with Mark Strong. He was last seen in The Avengers and Margin Call. Bettany is repped UTA, Afffirmative Entertainment, and Independent Talent Group.

This sounds good, I loved the chemistry between Johnny and Paul in The Tourist :applause:

" Some scientists refer to this as the Singularity. I call it TRANSCENDENCE." Dr Will Caster, Transcendence

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't": Johnny on music.
Thanks to HG for my AVI'S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 pm 

Paul Bettany will be perfect for the role (at least the role I think they are most likely talking about - his character will be a very prominent part of the movie). He and Johnny seemed to have gotten on very well during The Tourist and that connection will serve them well here. While I'm not overwhelmingly thrilled about this movie, this is some very good news. Hopefully the script will be up to par as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm 

Warner Bros Dates Johnny Depp Pic ‘Transcendence’

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Friday March 1, 2013 @ 10:08am PST

Transcendence is the next film Johnny Depp shoots and is the directorial debut of Christopher Nolan’s cinematographer Wally Pfister. Warner Bros has just given it an April 25, 2014 wide release date. Plot details are being kept under wraps, but Paul Bettany just signed on to co-star playing a scientist and principal photography begins next month. Alcon partners Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing, and Nolan and Emma Thomas are executive producers. The film was scripted by newcomer Jack Paglen.

" Some scientists refer to this as the Singularity. I call it TRANSCENDENCE." Dr Will Caster, Transcendence

Post subject: Re: TRANSCENDENCE Updates
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 pm 

Hollywood Reporter link

The Playlist link

Collider Link

Post subject: Re: Johnny Depp In Talks For Wally Pfister-Helmed ‘Transcendence’
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:45 pm 

So there's now a release date! :bounce: Thanks for the news Lou Lou! :thanks!:

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Johnny Depp In Talks For Wally Pfister-Helmed ‘Transcendence’
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm 
JDZ Webmaster

The Hollywood Reporter story says that filming will begin in April "in Los Angeles." I suppose that means in-studio; this seems like the sort of plot that would lend itself to lots of in-studio, rather than location, filming.

But we can always hope that there will be some glimpses of Johnny . . . maybe walking down the street with a coffee cup in hand. :bigwink:

Thanks for the links, Lou Lou. It's nice to have so much news popping up!

:goodvibes:

Part-Time Poet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm 

DEPP TRANSCENDENCE is OURS, New Mexico Style

Posted by Sindicator on March 2, 2013

In a far out blind item, we were recently hinting at rumblings that the biggest of biggies by way of global superstars, was possibly en route BACK to New Mexico!

Now that reports are rolling into the blogosphere that Johnny Depp’s next feature film is in fact on the rails, rapidly headed toward meeting production dates for a Spring 2014 release date, we ~can tell you – DEPP IS HEADED BACK TO NEW MEXICO!

Transcendence (which I will now learn how to spell) is set to co-star NMFilmer Paul Bettany, who starred in the 2009 New Mexico film Legion. Dark Knight cinematographer Wally Pfister will make his directorial debut with the film, which Collider reports to be about “a scientist whose brain gets uploaded into a supercomputer with the aim of creating the world’s first machine that can think for itself”.

Female leads currently being bandied about include NMFilm star Emily Blunt (Sunshine Cleaning), Rooney Mara, and Rebecca Hall.

Stay tuned…Local casting deets to follow!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:51 pm 

:loveshower: OH boy! I love Emily Blunt. But all of them sound great, but I really hope it is Emily. And Paul Bettany is fabulous news also.

Profile YIM 

Post subject: Re: Johnny Depp Lays Out His Dance Card, With ‘Transcendence’ And ‘Black Mass’
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 am 

Lou Lou 63 wrote:
This sounds good, I loved the chemistry between Johnny and Paul in The Tourist :applause:

So did I; I noticed watching the outtakes they seemed to get on very well.

I hoped they'd make another film together - now they are! :yahoo:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:23 pm 

From Deadline.com

Rebecca Hall Joins Johnny Depp & Paul Bettany In ‘Transcendence’

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Monday March 4, 2013 @ 1:09pm PST

LOS ANGELES, CA, MARCH 5, 2013 – Rebecca Hall is set to star alongside Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany in Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister’s directorial debut, TRANSCENDENCE, it was announced by Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, co-founders and co-CEOs of Alcon Entertainment, which is financing and producing the project.

Principal photography is set to begin in April in Los Angeles. Warner Bros. will release the film on April 25, 2014 via its output deal with Alcon.

Written by Jack Paglen, the screenplay was developed by Annie Marter and Straight Up Films, whose company principals include Marisa Polvino, Kate Cohen and Regency Boies. Polvino, Marter and Cohen will produce along with David Valdes (“Book of Eli”), Johnson and Kosove. Boies will co-produce.
Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Aaron Ryder are serving as executive producers.

Hall is known for such films as “The Town,” “Please Give”, “Frost/Nixon” and Woody Allen’s “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” which earned her a Golden Globe nomination. She also starred in Nolan’s “The Prestige” alongside Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Michael Caine. Hall will next be seen in “Iron Man 3” for Marvel/Disney, “Closed Circuit” for Focus Features and “A Promise” directed by Patrice LeConte.

Pfister most recently served as cinematographer on “The Dark Knight Rises,” and on last year’s best picture nominee, “Moneyball.” Other credits include such films as “The Italian Job” and “Laurel Canyon.”
Hall is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:38 pm 

:thanks!: FAN, So now we have our three leads :applause: , and Rebecca will be familier with Wally after working on the Prestige with Chris Nolan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 pm 
JDZ Web Designer

Thanks for the new update, FAN.

I love the beginning of new movies...finding out who's going to be starring, where they're going to film...all those little juicy tidbits!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:13 pm 

Nice choice, I liked her in Vicky Christina Barcelona :ok: I think I've seen her in some other things too

Post subject: Re: Johnny Depp Lays Out His Dance Card, With ‘Transcendence’ And ‘Black Mass’
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm 

Oh...yes.. time is coming for interesting movies with different directors! Just do it Johnny!! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Thanks a lot for the news :thankyou: :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am 

Thanks for the updates. The casting is getting better and better.

Page 1 of 33 [ 487 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next