Total votes : 158

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:05 am 

Well, Endora, you've convinced me! Oh, the possibilities.... :-O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:05 pm 
JDZ Webmaster

Endora wrote:
I wasn't going to take part in this one, but as someone has called me out here's my take on it.

Is he sexy? Yes, of course! But to find him so you need to use your imagination and think outside the box a little, for example...

He is so precisely dressed, and so completely covered. He has probably been so all his life. Think how he would react to a little unbuttoning, and a touch...

He is obsessively clean. Just imagine how he would react to exchanging a few bodily fluids. It would be a revelation, it would amaze him...

He is a blank canvas, almost without any experience of adult company. An innocent. Consider his reaction to a little education...

And despite being so inhibited, his experience of the senses revolves around taste and smell, the oral sensations...

I think I'll stop now. As you can see, it's all about possibilities. You've probably got the idea. :angel:

Imagine if Willy Wonka met up with Vianne . . . .

:wonka: :chocolat:

Part-Time Poet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:42 am 

I voted no... sorry Willy! He could be sexy as he is dressed beautifully, has his own successful business... but then you'd talk to him and the illusion would be over! I think you need a certain amount of confidence to be sexy and Willy doesn't strike me as confident. He seems like a little boy who thinks girls are yucky. Fascinating how the poll results are so close!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:05 pm 

I voted NO!! Don't kill me, but I think Willy Wonka is his most unattractive role so far!! (he is kind of too delicate, almost....gay.. :blush: ). I love the movie, but he was definitely not sexy in that one..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:24 pm 

Willy sexy? No, sorry. To me, the character is not a man. He's gotten lost somewhere between boyhood and manhood and the result isn't pretty. Having said that, I have to admit I love the character. I think it's a real triumph, totally original. I love his humor and his ambiguity, but sexy? No.

As for Mrs. Beauregarde, I don't think there's any doubt that she and her daughter will do anything to win. Her eyes are on the prize.

WW is uncomfortable with Mrs. Beauregarde because he recognizes a baracuda when he sees one. He's also inexperienced with women, but in that case, I don't think his inexperience comes into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:23 am 

Johnny's acting is wonderful and fun, but I have to say, WW is definitely not sexy. He is too childlike and innocent to be considered sexy, despite the actor who plays him. I think the only way WW could relate well to other people would be by having a fun discussion about creating new kinds of candy and chocolates, which I would love to do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:48 pm 

Initially I thought that WW was not sexy but the more I thought about it I thought he is sexy. He is driven successful and handsome. Sure he has some quirks but I find them they endearing.

Do you think she’s really interested in him, or are her “eyes on the prize”—his bank account? Gold Digger! He may be a recluse but he can smell a opportunistic gold digger when presented with one.

Do you think Willy Wonka is uncomfortable with Mrs. Beauregarde’s flirtatiousness because he’s sexually naïve, because there are children present, or because he distrusts her motives?

I think that WW does not trust Mrs Beauregard's motives and he is uncomfortable with her unwanted advances in the presence of children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:20 am 

I voted no. He is one of the few characters of JD's that I don't find 'sexy'. Willy is definitely more the weird older brother type... completely lovable but NEVER in lust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:42 am 

hmmm tight race here. I find Willy very attractive. And he has a lot of sweet qualities. I am not sure he has been exposed to many "eligible young ladies" -- who nows if the rigth young lady were to share his love of chocolate??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:57 am 

Ew? No. Give me Willy anyday :cloud9: .
I tell you, I've fantisized.

Post subject: Re: CATCF Question #10--Willy Wonka: Do You Think He's Sexy?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:03 pm 

I love Willy Wonka so I said "yes" but I don't nessicalary find all Johnny Depps characters sexy, I just like them for their quirky nature and that itself it sexy. Everything Johnny did with the role is amazing, the voice, the hair, the outfit, he was the best Willy Wonka. "You really shouldn't mumble cuz I have no idea what you're saying".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 pm 

Ew, ew, ew. Too effeminate for me. :freaked:

Willy is weird and fun, (rich and generous!), has a great sense of humor, is someone I'd enjoy having as a friend, he is not my idea of sexy! I like "manly" men. :grin:

That being said, sometimes an attraction can develop between friends, but without spending a significant amount of time with Willy, I'd have to stick with "Ew. Are you crazy?" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:46 pm 

depps pearl wrote:
Ew, ew, ew. . . . :freaked:
. . .
I'd have to stick with "Ew. Are you crazy?" :lol:
I thought for sure I'd answered this one, but apparently not. Honestly . . I have to agree with depps pearl. I just can't find Willy Wonka sexy in any way, shape or form possible. Nope. Not sexy. Not to ME anyway. :yuck: :yuck2:

But, to each his or her own. :cool:

Captain Jack: "Well . . There is a chest."
Norrington: "Oh Dear."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 am 

Yes, I think Willy is sexy, mostly because of the intense stares when he is scrutinizing Mr. Salt, and when he says "Hold on" to Charlie. He is very complicated and has moments of "knowing" and moments of innocence such as when Mrs. Beauregard comes on to him. I think she was just man crazy and Willy was male. As for his reaction, I think he was embarrassed and his innocence with women came out.
Nan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:27 am 

I voted "yes".
But I have to admit :blush: , that I was determined not to watch CATCF after I had seen the trailer in 2005. At that point I thought, that he was playing the most unattractive character ever. Besides, I didn't like the songs at all.

But in the end of 2008, just a few days before Christmas, I decided to watch it eventually.I was overwhelmingly impressed... and I think that he's indeed sexy. I really love his looks at the end when he's visiting his father. What I still don't like about WW, though, is his haircut :grr: .

Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next