It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Katrina and Ichabod
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:09 am 

I don't think Katrina was a manipulator, I think she and Ichabod were attracted to each other at first sight and love followed. I don't think she loved Brom but was expected to marry him. She had affection for him but not love. I believe the scene in the woods where they almost kiss when Katrina is on the horse is a example of their love for one another. Also, the "bewitched" scene where she is comforting him contains quite a bit of restrained passion.
Nan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:24 am 

I believe Johnny described their relationship as having something to do with "kizmit or destiny." So whether it was love at first sight or just fate dealing them a hand they could play, I don't know.

I believed that Katrina loved him when she followed him into the woods, but I was aghast at how much she didn't love him when she thought he was accusing her father. She seemed very fickle for someone who appeared so open in discussing things, she could have taken a different approach than sneaking the documents out and burning them.
I guess this can be written off in the fact that she probably felt betrayed by him thinking those things of her father.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:07 pm 

She must have loved him that day when she followed him into the western woods...to have grieved such peril.
I don't think it was love at first sight though. It was more like "oh, you're pretty!" at first sight. I think they grew to love each other as time went on.

Post subject: Re: SLEEPY HOLLOW Question #5--Love at First Sight?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:17 pm 

I know I'm a little late joining this discussion but I love this movie so much that I couldn't resit :blush: .

Quote:
Ichabod and Katrina meet when he walks into a party at her home, and she, blindfolded, kisses him--the moment shown in the picture above. How did you react to this suggestion of love at first sight? Did it make you sympathetic toward Katrina, or suspicious of her?

Well since I'm such a romanic, I like to think it was love at first sight. You can tell there was a definite spark. The way they looked at each other. There also was a slight hesitation from both of them before they introduced themselves. I think I'm in the minority here because I was never suspicious of Katrina. She had no reason to be concerned that the counstabe in charge of the case was staying in her house.

Quote:
Katrina takes the initiative in the relationship. Although Ichabod is obviously entranced by her, considering his skittish nature, would anything have happened between them if she hadn’t made the first (several) moves?

I have to agree with everyone here with a resounding no. Although I have to add Ichabod had no problem keeping up with her. After all he was the first one to move in for the kiss.

Quote:
Given how fast Katrina “gets over” the death of “her brave man Brom,” did she ever love Brom in the first place?

I think basically they grew up together and it was just expected. The guys in Sleepy Hollow seemed to be the same type. Ichabod was probaly a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
At what point do you think Katrina starts to love Ichabod? Are her feelings genuine?

I feel it was either when she followed him into the western woods or when she was comforting him after he was stabbed. I think they were genuine. Just look at all she did to protect him. I also think it's interesting symbolism that her book was the thing that saved him.

Quote:
Since Katrina practices white magic, do you wonder if she uses it to help Ichabod fall in love with her? He does say to her, “You bewitched me;” might that actually be the case?

No. She actually seemed hurt when he called her a with. I think she just uses her powers for healing and not personal gain.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
Previous  1, 2