WOW . . . Johnny Depp says "Thank you" to the Zone

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great hospital for children.
DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread post by DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:15 pm

He is such a generous and humble man. What a wonderful thing for him to take time out of his busy schedule to send a thank you to the Zone. Everyone should so proud of our site and of the birthday project. What a well-deserved thank you for such a labor of love! Thank you so much for sharing his kind words with us, Natalie! :cloud9:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

historicalpassion1

Unread post by historicalpassion1 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:19 pm

It was a pleasure to give in honor of someone who gives so much back to us!

We give as he has given to us!!
"That's Impossible." - Alice
"Only if you believe it is." - Mad Hatter
"Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling" ~June 20, 2009~

Glendaleigh

Unread post by Glendaleigh » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:28 pm

Oh, wow, there are tears in my eyes again. This is just an amazingly generous gift from a man who is so generous. Simply amazing. He's an angel to recognize the Zone's gift. Truly an angel to all of us.

Thank you for your generosity in providing the Zone a guiding light and a firm hand. I think Miss Natalie is a most generous person, too.

:lilyrose:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:32 pm

Thank you for sharing the letter from Johnny, and for your oh-so-very-adequate words, Natalie.

It is a privilege to be a fan of this wonderful, thoughtful, considerate man, and an honor to be a part of this extremely generous community. I treasure both.

:kiss: theresa

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:33 pm

What a beautiful acknowledgment for having
touched Johnny's heart with such altruism and kindness. :love:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

deppstergal

Unread post by deppstergal » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:34 pm

Wonderful gesture by a wonderful man! I am so touched that he found the time to send his personal thanks to The Zone, and to read his beautiful letter so soon after hearing about the Sweeney Todd dedication to GOSH, it shows how much this man cares, not only for his own precious children, but for all children who need love and care.

I haven't been posting much lately, lots of personal problems.....illness in the family, work pressures etc, etc, but this really cheered me up no end! I was on the brink of smiling when I saw the scans from the Esquire shoot, but now I am in tears again, but tears of pride and gratitude this time.

This man restores my faith and shines a light in the darkness for me. Thank you Johnny.
'And if that isn't good news enough, Johnny Depp still doesn't want to be in that rubbish-sounding INXS film. Cheers all round!' Stuart Heritage

Constance

Unread post by Constance » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:45 pm

It's gestures like this that will make me love this man forever :heart:

Thank you PtP for making the birthday project possible, and for giving us all an opportunity to participate. :pray:
And thank you so much for sharing this wonderful surprise with us.
"BE the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate" Captain Jack Sparrow :twohearts: :grouphug:

inspired

Unread post by inspired » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:46 pm

Thank you so much Natalie for sharing this very special letter with all of us. They say the gift is in the giving, but in this case I'd say we've have been doubly gifted. His words bring tears to my eyes. I am indeed honored to be a part of this special place.
“Sometimes it’s the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” - The Imitation Game

Sandsgirl

Unread post by Sandsgirl » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:49 pm

What a beautiful gesture from a beautiful man. All at the Zone should be proud of their efforts for this worthwhile cause. Your a wonderful group of ladies and you are deserving of Johnny's love and respect. Good job :cool:
Leave you people alone for just a minute and look what happens, everything goes to pot ~ CJS
It may get a wee bit dangerous there sugarbutt ~Sheldon Jeffrey Sands
You add an agreeable sense of the macabre to any delirium~CJS

magpie

Unread post by magpie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us, PTP!

I am continually amazed at the depth of Johnny's compassion, he is indeed an inspiration in so many ways.
I'm having a thought here. . . .
. . if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
--C.S. Lewis

Carasun

Unread post by Carasun » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:04 pm

That wonderful guesture to write you is touching!
Johnny is such an angel! :angel:
What else could we do than loving this man, there is such a sweetnes in him.....that is unbelievable! :heart:
Natalie - many thanks for sharing this letter with all of us and thanks for anything you did.
I am not able to find the right words at the moment :cloud9: ....that really touched my heart so much! :heart:
We are are the world - let's care and keep it in good condition!
Help wherever you cani ~ find your fundraiser

My Inspiration

Unread post by My Inspiration » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:09 pm

This such a beautiful thing to see. Thanks for sharing it Natalie! It truly is a worthy cause and I think that's why Johnny isn't too humble to get in touch and show his appreciation.

And this is exactly why I can always only admire him more, he's given me so much. He does give so much back to his supporters. :lilyrose:
When you listen, for instance, to someone talking, there is another voice beneath his words... Even if you hear clearly what he's saying, the real truth is much deeper, between the lines of his words. ~ Johnny Depp

LBryanDLC

Unread post by LBryanDLC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:11 pm

I just wanted to congratulate you all on a wonderful project and a lovely response.
Lynn

Angela

Unread post by Angela » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Wow! What a gentleman, dedicating his time to express his gratitude to the Zone. He is so beautiful, and now, I feel even more proud of him. You are our inspiration Johnny! :cloud9:
I love Johnny!

Chenault

Unread post by Chenault » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:47 pm

Astounding. I'm so very proud at this moment. Proud of him, and proud of us. My heart, and eyes, are swelling.
"Oh yeah, he's here. He's inside rehearsing right now. Heck of a humble guy, man."

~Overheard firsthand from a venue security guard, incredulously talking about our guy at the Sheila Witkin Memorial Concert, January 28, 2007...a day I'll never forget