Last chance--2007 Birthday Project closes today!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great hospital for children.
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm sad to say this thread has lost its focus. Instead of happiness at the generosity of the Zone community, it has turned into a thinly-veiled debate on whether or not Johnny should be notified. Part-Time Poet will do what she feels is the right thing to do, and we know she won't do anything that will be a detriment to the Zone.

Actually, when making a donation in someone's name, it is always proper to notify the person of the donation. The amount doesn't have to be mentioned, but if you are using that person's name, it is absolutely right to let them know. That makes this different from Johnny's situation. Johnny does not tell of his charitable donations because he is doing it himself, in his own name, and not in honor of someone else or in someone else's name. The Zone is not alerting the press or putting out public notice of our contributions, we are telling one man of a gift given in his honor and in his name. Period.

So while expressions of happiness on a project well-done are still more than welcome here, the debate is over.

Thank you --
theresa

I'd also like to give a big thank you to every member of the Zone.
Without you all, the birthday project would not have been the resounding success that it was.
:kiss:

San

Unread post by San » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:26 pm

I keep it simple Hurray for the $$ we raised together and if that makes a child happy than I am happy.
Who ever knows about what is raised and by who is totally not interested (at least for me it isn't)
Art has to be forgotten: Beauty must be realised ~ ~ Piet Mondriaan (1872 -1944)

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks to all for sharing their ideas and for joining together to help GOSH.

:goodvibes:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie