2007 Birthday Project passes $3,000--cheers!

Give in Johnny's honor and support a great hospital for children.
part-time poet

2007 Birthday Project passes $3,000--cheers!

Unread post by part-time poet » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:06 pm

Just a quick update on the Zone's 2007 Birthday Project :happybday: in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital . . . donations have now reached $3,300! :applause: :yahoo:

We can be very proud (as always) of the generosity and kindness of the Zone's members and readers . . . you are doing a wonderful job supporting the hospital.

We will be accepting donations throughout the month of June, so this is both a hearty :thanks!: to all who have donated, and a reminder that it is not too late to participate. As we have shown before, we can do great things when we work together.

May you enjoy a wonderful weekend knowing that you have reached out to help and comfort sick children :grouphug: and those who love and care for them.

And :birthdayballoon: to Johnny Depp, who brings out the best in us.

:writer2: :smiliewithhearts:

Part-Time Poet
Last edited by part-time poet on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

San

Unread post by San » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:58 pm

WOW that is a great amount :cool: I read this after just hitting the paypal button again
Last edited by San on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art has to be forgotten: Beauty must be realised ~ ~ Piet Mondriaan (1872 -1944)

Moonlight

Unread post by Moonlight » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:03 pm

I LOVE YOU ALL! :grouphug:

I am so proud of you ladies! What you have reached is amazing.
A wonderful gift to Johnny and for the hospital.

I am so proud to be a member of The Zone, though I can't account for this project, unfortunately.

:thanks!: so much, part-time poet for haveing this wonderful idea! :bouquet: :applause:

Love
Charli
"Johnny Depp really is a cutie." - Satchel, lead guitarist in Steel Panther :heart:

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Moonlight wrote:I LOVE YOU ALL! :grouphug:

I am so proud of you ladies! What you have reached is amazing.
A wonderful gift to Johnny and for the hospital.

I am so proud to be a member of The Zone, though I can't account for this project, unfortunately.

:thanks!: so much, part-time poet for haveing this wonderful idea! :bouquet: :applause:

Love
Charli
You said it perfectly !! How wonderful of the zone !! We can all take a great pride in ourselves. It is soooo great that the man we love for his art and humanity can inspire such great giving. I hope if Johnny knows about the project, he is proud and happy, to have such loving fans !!

Love you guys !!!

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 pm

PtP...I know it is posted somewhere...forgive me ... but what is the target date for final donations?? Thanks

SORRY !! I see it is in your message...getting old.. :-O

ForeverinmyheartJD
Location: The West Coast...being inspired and wishing on a star...

Unread post by ForeverinmyheartJD » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:09 pm

This is WONDERFUL news! :bounce: :applause:

Thanks so much for posting PTP and another thank you to you for all the work involved with this wonderful Birthday project. :bouquet:

Well done Zoners!
Wishes do come true - Captain Jack is back!

part-time poet

Unread post by part-time poet » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:48 am

ForeverinmyheartJD wrote:This is WONDERFUL news! :bounce: :applause:

Thanks so much for posting PTP and another thank you to you for all the work involved with this wonderful Birthday project. :bouquet:

Well done Zoners!
Thanks--we are thrilled by the generosity of the Zone members and readers. It always amazes me, how much we can do when we all work together.

:writer2: :smiliewithhearts:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Glendaleigh

Unread post by Glendaleigh » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:28 am

:cloud9:

es

Unread post by es » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:27 am

Thats wonderful new PTP,great to see that we can make a difference.
Thanks again for the update,greets,
es
who laughs the last didnt got the joke,
freek&sjaak

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:21 am

That's great !! Really great !
I was planning to donate end of the month , but with the worries about an operation for kitten Lily I really can't , I am so sorry :-/
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

DarkAngel

Unread post by DarkAngel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:08 am

That´s more than just wonderful! I´m happy that we as able to get that much money to support the hospital. Great Zoners! :cool: I didn´t only donate because it´s a Johnny birthday project but because I think it´s important to support the hospital.. the children need our help.. :cool:
^^Put a stake through my heart! And drag me into sunlight^^
Lyric by Nightwish

DarkAngel

Unread post by DarkAngel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:10 am

ibbi 3 wrote:That's great !! Really great !
I was planning to donate end of the month , but with the worries about an operation for kitten Lily I really can't , I am so sorry :-/
I can understand you, dear Ibbi...the vet is always very expensive.. I know that... :-/ Wish your kitten good luck! :hope: :hope: :hope:
I think we all know that you would donate if possible...like many others who might not be able to donate too... and I think even Johnny would understand it.. we do what we can, but if we aren´t able..nobody will say or think something bad...
:hug:
^^Put a stake through my heart! And drag me into sunlight^^
Lyric by Nightwish

Ingrid 3

Unread post by Ingrid 3 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:24 am

Thank you DA :hug:
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

ChristineD

Unread post by ChristineD » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:47 am

So great to hear. I found an extra $15 yesterday I forgot I had in my purse so I sent that along for a second donation. Figured every little but helps.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.

Kittycat88

Unread post by Kittycat88 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:15 pm

DarkAngel wrote:
ibbi 3 wrote:That's great !! Really great !
I can understand you, dear Ibbi...the vet is always very expensive.. I know that... :-/ Wish your kitten good luck! :hope: :hope: :hope:
I think we all know that you would donate if possible...like many others who might not be able to donate too... and I think even Johnny would understand it.. we do what we can, but if we aren´t able..nobody will say or think something bad...
:hug:
Hello dear DA, I agree with you. And ibbi, certainly their are many zoners who cannot contribute at this time, but I think the donations that are made are from all of us...really, we are family in a way. One gives it is on behalf of all. Everytime you post or reach out to another zoner, you contribute to the spirit of the zone and that is what generates the success of the project. So you do make a contribution, ibbi. Very much so.