It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Please click here to view the forum rules

Page 1 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Kevin Smith's TUSK Updates
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:36 pm 

I just came across something weird. On the right side of the last photo of the Interview Mag photosession you find various credits. One is for "JOEL HARLOW / THE MILTON AGENCY".
I had never heard about The Milton Agency so I looked it up.
If you look at the client list for Los Angeles, you'll find Joel Harlow.

Then click on "Resume" and you'll get a .pdf of Harlow's work. On top of that list you'll find a project called "TUSK". Harlow ist listed as Johnny's personal makeup artist. Director: Kevin Smith

There is an entry on imdb.com, but nothing about Johnny.

What is "TUSK"?

Post subject: Re: "Tusk" ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm 

Here are a couple of articles about Tusk. This first one is about the film wrapping earlier this year. No Johnny mention.

This next one was posted last fall when Kevin Smith Tweeted that he'd landed a career highlight: The reporter was speculating about who would land an important role. One, although not the main one, possibility he listed was Johnny. Here's what he had to say:

Johnny Depp - Don't laugh, this one is actually more plausible than you might think. There is a personal relationship between Depp and Smith that dates back to when their daughters went to school together and they co-hosted poetry events for charity. The age is right and Johnny Depp has the range to pull off just about any sort of character. And there's that Burton connection again, maybe it's Tim Burton as Guy Lapointe.

This is the first I remember hearing about them co-hosting poetry events for charity!

Post subject: Re: "Tusk" ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:34 pm 

That makes you wonder if Johnny's days have 48 hours. :-O
But this connection makes sense even if it is no proof of Johnny's involvement, but I think it wouldn't be on Harlows resume if it never happened.

Post subject: Re: Tusk?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 pm 

From that article with that reporter you posted FAN, it says that the character Johnny would have been playing is Guy Lapointe. And here's a tweet from Kevin Smith on Dec. 2, 2013:

KevinSmith
‏@ThatKevinSmith
Ran out of TUSK footage to edit. Flick's currently 1 hour, 20 mins but we still have 5 Guy Lapointe scenes to shoot here in L.A. next month.

That means Johnny would have done his shooting in January, and he wasn't really doing all that much in January because Mortdecai was finished filming mid-January wasn't it? So it could be true! Joel Harlow's resume is pretty telling.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:48 pm 
JDZ Administrator

Doesn't Kevin Smith's daughter go to school with Lily Rose?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm 

Hmnn!! interesting :bigwink: , could be, I mean Johnny kept his involvement in " Lucky Them" and " London Fields" quiet, so this could be true.

:thankyou: To Shamen-Art and PinkPalace and FantasticJD

" Some scientists refer to this as the Singularity. I call it TRANSCENDENCE." Dr Will Caster, Transcendence

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't": Johnny on music.
Thanks to HG for my AVI'S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:09 pm 

The entire film is edited save for two days of Los Angeles filming with character Guy Lapointe. That’ll happen in late December early January

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:14 pm 

Kevin tweeted and posted on Instagram on March 13:

thatkevinsmith
2 weeks ago
We wrapped TUSK today on the corner of Gower & Carlos in Hollywood! Many thanks to both my NC and Los Angeles cast & crew!

It wouldn't be unusual for anything involving JD to be delayed like this. Of course we don't know for sure that Johnny is involved but the signs sure point that way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm 

Amber Heard is in three movies produced by Demarest Films.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:43 am 

Quote:
The entire film is edited save for two days of Los Angeles filming with character Guy Lapointe. That’ll happen in late December early January

Interesting. I wonder if this is just a made-up character for the movie or if it is somehow based on the real person, Guy Lapointe, the NHL player, which might give this comment a little more clarity:
Quote:
Johnny Depp - Don't laugh, this one is actually more plausible than you might think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:50 am 

The part seems special. I hope this is true.

Post subject: Re: Tusk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am 

Came across this article. It's an interview with Justin Long, who stars in 'Tusk.'

Are you working on any other movies right now?
Yeah, the one where a man turns into a war horse. It's called "Tusk." Johnny Depp is in that one. I'm working on something coming up later.

Looks like it's true! And I believe this movie is coming out in the fall of this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:56 am 

SnoopyDances wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if this is just a made-up character for the movie or if it is somehow based on the real person, Guy Lapointe, the NHL player, which might give this comment a little more clarity:
Quote:
Johnny Depp - Don't laugh, this one is actually more plausible than you might think.

The plausibility factor is, I think, based on the known connection between Kevin Smith and Johnny. Kevin is a huge hockey fan and probably named the character after M. Lapointe...but I very much doubt it is in any way based on him. From all that has been written about it, it's a horror film of sorts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm 

pinkpalace wrote:
Came across this article. It's an interview with Justin Long, who stars in 'Tusk.'

Quote:
Are you working on any other movies right now?
Yeah, the one where a man turns into a war horse. It's called "Tusk." Johnny Depp is in that one. I'm working on something coming up later.

Looks like it's true! And I believe this movie is coming out in the fall of this year.

Pretty much confirms that Johnny is involved with Tusk. Excited to see what role he plays. :grin:

" Some scientists refer to this as the Singularity. I call it TRANSCENDENCE." Dr Will Caster, Transcendence

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't": Johnny on music.
Thanks to HG for my AVI'S

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:20 pm 

That's something out of left field, if Johnny was involved.
I'm not saying it's impossible that he would do something with Smith; However, Smith seems to have a thing against JD's good pal Tim Burton since the Superman movie that fell through years ago. He's made a point of bringing it up publicly in a few different stand up specials he's done, going so far as to do an unflattering impression of Tim. So if I were Johnny, and aware of Smith's animosity toward Tim, I'm not so sure I'd be on board for a Smith film.

Page 1 of 8 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next