Videos--Johnny at Joe Perry's Album Launch

Links to video and audio clips of Johnny.
meeps

Unread postby meeps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Videos are 'embedded' in this article :love:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Really really fine music there meeps. Made my evening. If you watch nothing else, watch the Eve of Destruction track. Joe and Johnny together, so musically in sync. I think back to the days when Johnny would float in the background, like a shadow, and now he's holding his own at the center of the stage. You go, Johnny, you go! :guitar:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 am

fireflydances wrote:Really really fine music there meeps. Made my evening. If you watch nothing else, watch the Eve of Destruction track. Joe and Johnny together, so musically in sync. I think back to the days when Johnny would float in the background, like a shadow, and now he's holding his own at the center of the stage. You go, Johnny, you go! :guitar:

Watched all the videos over the Monday-Tuesday/Ireland-USA marathon that included Johnny. Have to agree with you, firefly. He is truly coming into his own. Hope he continues to move forward (what I wouldn’t give to hear him start doing some vocals) and has a rewarding tour with the HVs this summer. When all is said and done, however, have to admit my selfish preference this time ‘round was his performance with Bono. Some of those notes he brought in about two-thirds through just made me tear up.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:27 am

:thankyou: Meeps!

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 am

I totally agree about his performance with Bono - apart from Fairytale of New York I've always found the Pogues a bit of a challenge. But Bono and Johnny did that so beautifully I wish I could down load it and list when I walk to work etc.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 am

You're very welcome to it :airkiss2:
Ade, if the track is on YouTube already you can add it to a playlist, so you know where it is, and can easily access it, when you want to listen. That is if your phone can go online. Will that help you?

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:13 am

Meeps thank you I will do.

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:33 am

:thankyou: Meeps :hug2: !!! :lovehearts: :smiliewithhearts: :lovedrunk:

CryBaby

Unread postby CryBaby » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

:lovehearts: Way to go meeps! So much music. So much Johnny. Hot damn! :guitar: :thankyou:

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Been listening to the Joe Perry album much of the weekend. Apart from the first track which I'm not sure about - I love it!

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Thanks meeps, this is an exciting post to happen upon unawares! I haven't watched any of these videos yet, but I will soon enough. Not only does it look like some more good live stuff from Johnny, but I had no idea Joe Perry was about to drop an album which of course includes Johnny and others from the extended Vampire family... looking forward to hearing versions of "Eve Of Destruction", including the album version where Johnny plays drums.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 am

Went back to listen to Eve of Destruction tonight on You Tube. Such a powerful version of the song. I remember when it came out, and how we felt then, so worried about friends. The feeling that our country was coming apart. I am so glad Joe has brought this song front and center. Made me cry actually. And Johnny has never been more comfortable, more accepting of center stage. Good deal guys, good deal :cool:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:33 am

Eve of Destruction ...... a very important, current and impressive song !!! :agreesign: fireflydances :hug:

Return to “Video Clips”