Videos--New 2019 Dior Sauvage ad

Links to video and audio clips of Johnny.
Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:56 am

Twitter is one of the worst things that’s happened to society. :grr:
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

chic

Unread postby chic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Thank you for this! I love this ad! :heartdance:

BTW, Link Wray (the author of "Rumble") was a Shawnee, and the focal point of the documentary "RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World." It is a fantastic documentary with excellent music. Here are some links:

"RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World" (part one)

"RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World" (part two)

Link Wray:

:tonto: :silver:
Just keep breathin'. (JKL)

chic

Unread postby chic » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:43 pm

BTW, "haters gonna hate." Don't let it get to you. Johnny's always going to be controversial. That's part of his charm.

One of the definitions of "savage" is "wild, untamed." Yeah.

I like Twitter. It is a neutral platform. You get out of it what you put into it.
I don't provide access to negativity.
:rose: :elvis: :tonto2:
Just keep breathin'. (JKL)

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:10 am

Thank you, chic, for the links to both parts of RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World. Once I started watching, I couldn’t pull away. What a history lesson!

chic wrote:BTW, "haters gonna hate." Don't let it get to you. Johnny's always going to be controversial. That's part of his charm. . . .

Although I can take some comfort in thinking of Johnny’s (sometimes controversial) tendency to “travel the road less taken” as part of his charm, I guess I can’t let the “haters” off the hook that easily, chic. Indeed, letting the haters off the the hook has been and continues to be the unaddressed elephant in the room. Theirs has not been a victimless assault. Johnny’s personal and professional life has been shredded on a global platform in and on every mode of journalistic news and social media available.

These soulless, faceless, cowardly morons - the “haters” - continue to delight in indulging their pot-shot brutality. They have invaded every crevice of Johnny’s life and sanity for years without ever being held accountable. Johnny Depp, the man, was dehumanized. The effort now seems to be to ensure he stays that way. The outrageous criticism of the Dior promotion is a blatant illustration of that effort.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:40 am

So glad Dior didn’t release an apology for doing nothing wrong. Hope it stays that way.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Ade-ele

Unread postby Ade-ele » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:44 pm

I took heart from two things: one the number of tweets in support of JD and Dior, plus the comments on all sort of forums including the Daily Mail article which attracted 95% of sensible comments saying this was total madness; and two - the fact that Johnny is literally all over London today. I saw the new picture in a few airports last week when I was travelling but honestly - everywhere you look in central London he's there. They may have pulled the advert but they have certainly not pulled the campaign. I hope that if they feel they have to - they at least re-edit the video. Johnny's guitar playing and walking about surely isn't culturally insensitive.

I believe Dior are not going to be overly worried. Would any of those professionally outraged people actually buy Dior perfume? I suspect no. Last year they had the ridiculous controversy over Jennifer Lawrence in the Mexican inspired clothes. Honestly - if fashion and art can't borrow from other cultures we may just as well all wear grey, shapeless suits.

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Shopping online, I see that there are only a few bottles left of the new Sauvage parfum at multiple locations of a major department store in my city. :biggrin:

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Johnny Depp’s Dior Ad Co-Star Tanaya Beatty Speaks Out, Encourages Him to Donate to Native Cause. - Variety September 2, 2019, 6:38 PM EDT

Hollywood seems to be full of hypocritical, cowardly, disloyal, mean, selfish, greedy, soulless types. No wonder he prefers to stay home when he's in LA.

Anyway, Dior already indicated in the bts vid that they would be making a donation to a Native American cause on behalf of the ad campaign featuring JD.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:38 am

Another more tempered view, as far as I understand it :love: And Johnny does tend to keep his friends once he has got them: Ladonna Harris, or at least her daughter, was involved in the commercial according to this :smiliewithhearts:

But did you see the 'Maiden' as Johnny's potential love interest? I saw her as the female spirit of the land, myself. But I am an old heathen, I know :biggrin:

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:25 am

Johnny said, that Dior is trying to work with those offended by the commercial :heart4:

Return to “Video Clips”