Videos--Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald trailers and teasers

Links to video and audio clips of Johnny.
gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:43 am

Sweeney Todd wrote:Can you believe Johnny's a big part of the Harry Potter world now? So exciting.

I think and hope so, for me he is the perfect occupation Grindelwald !!! When I saw Johnny as Grindelwald for the first time, I was fascinated and hypnotized !!!He really got me. :lovedrunk:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:08 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:
meeps wrote:I thought of ZZ Tops, when I saw Johnny's beard in the 21 Jump Street movie :biggrin: And then, when he got it off, he was ever so cute underneath :truefan:
But I actually came here to show you this article explaining about the trailer: So sorry, if this should have been posted some other place, and also for the article NOT mentioning Johnny at all :love:

:thanks!: Meeps!

Certainly a lot to take in. Glad to have all these wizard experts online to explain this. :lol:

I wonder how the Fantastic Beast films play to audience members who aren't familiar with the Harry Potter series. There is so much that would be hard to understand coming in "cold" to the wizzarding world! I have read all the HP books and I still had trouble following things. :hypnotic:

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 am

nebraska wrote:
SnoopyDances wrote:
meeps wrote:I thought of ZZ Tops, when I saw Johnny's beard in the 21 Jump Street movie :biggrin: And then, when he got it off, he was ever so cute underneath :truefan:
But I actually came here to show you this article explaining about the trailer: So sorry, if this should have been posted some other place, and also for the article NOT mentioning Johnny at all :love:

:thanks!: Meeps!

Certainly a lot to take in. Glad to have all these wizard experts online to explain this. :lol:

I wonder how the Fantastic Beast films play to audience members who aren't familiar with the Harry Potter series. There is so much that would be hard to understand coming in "cold" to the wizzarding world! I have read all the HP books and I still had trouble following things. :hypnotic:

I would imagine that most people going to see it would already be familiar with the Harry Potter films and that world, not sure why you would see it otherwise.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:
SnoopyDances wrote: :thanks!: Meeps!

I would imagine that most people going to see it would already be familiar with the Harry Potter films and that world, not sure why you would see it otherwise.

Johnny still has devoted fans out there. I think he still brings in a certain audience that might not be familiar with Harry Potter.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 pm

nebraska wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:
nebraska wrote:I wonder how the Fantastic Beast films play to audience members who aren't familiar with the Harry Potter series. There is so much that would be hard to understand coming in "cold" to the wizzarding world! I have read all the HP books and I still had trouble following things. :hypnotic:

Johnny still has devoted fans out there. I think he still brings in a certain audience that might not be familiar with Harry Potter.

True but I imagine many of them are familiar with the books or films or both.

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:44 am

:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

humiliatedgrape

Unread postby humiliatedgrape » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:47 am

Can’t wait to see more of Grindelwald!!!
I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

5/7/2011☆6/22/2013

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:01 pm

This week, the English press is going into overdrive dragging up all the abuse stuff. I guess they are preparing for the films release. It will never end, it seems.
Funny ol' world, innit?

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:21 am

Yes there was that piece in the Sun - an opinion piece. He was actually really gunning for JK Rowling whom people like him hate because she has become such a leading and respected liberal and she won't stop saying political things (anti-Brexit, anti-Trump and very recently calling out the Labour Party for not being tough enough on anti-Semitism). You know I always have to find the good side of bad stuff about him - so heartening to read the comments both on twitter and to the newspaper itself laying out the facts. Much as I hate the fact that the narrative around Johnny is so tied up to that awful women and I wish his fans could stop being defined by it - those sorts of comments are so vital because people do read them (and indeed it it largely why those opinion writers write such one sided material - to show they have 'traffic' and therefore are relevant).

And then I continue to love JK Rowling because she is so smart in how she send messages. She 'liked' a tweet yesterday by someone who posted that Grindelwald and Dumbledore met much earlier that JK Rowling has told us - and showed a picture from Sleepy Hollow - which has a number of Harry Potter franchise actors in it. The girl who tweeted it must be so excited- she only has 513 follows but she got 2.3k likes (and an thumbs up from JKR). Nice. The kind of thing twitter SHOULD be used for.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:11 am

Also here are some really exciting details on the next trailer - I hope this link works to a series of tweets by someone who was there watching the trailer:

https://twitter.com/KingPatel7/status/9 ... 4879862784

I'll quote the relevant bits:

Could you share your experience with us? What did they show for footage?

Sure, started with a scene where Dumbledore taught Newt how to deal with boggarts. Newt’s was working in an office. Lots of fresh footage, plenty of returning faces, and a lot more Grindelwald. Depp owns the trailer.
Final few shots see Dumbledore tell Newt that he can’t face Gellart and he gives Newt the responsibility of dealing with him. We see a wicked shot of Grindelwald wreaking havoc. It ends with Newt & Jacob meeting Nicolas Flamel, which was a very cool reveal.

Is that true that Grindelwald will drive sleigh @KingPatel7 ??

Yes, he does. I *think* he had three horses (or something similar), but can't remember exactly? It's the next-to-last shot in the trailer, happens at night, and it looks really cool.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:15 am

I wish, they would let the rest of us see that trailer too. I am sure, there are plenty of people out there eager to see it, who couldn't come to the ComicCon - like me :love:

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am

I'm so eager to see this movie! :agree2:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Johnny driving a sleigh - I mean what more could you ask for other than that he deliver himself for Christmas! :santahat:

Endora

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread postby Endora » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Trailer via Youtube:

https://youtu.be/c5KZGa_0bPE
Work hard, learn well, and make peace with the fact that you'll never be as cool as Johnny Depp. GQ.

Solace in the flood

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:31 pm

:loveshower: :popcorn:

:thankyou: Endora!

Return to “Video Clips”