Mortdecai Tidbit #3 - The Honorable Kyril Bonfiglioli

by Kyril Bonfiglioli

Moderator: Liz

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Re: Mortdecai Tidbit #3 - The Honorable Kyril Bonfiglioli

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 pm

You look very impressive, Don. Very cool!
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 pm

I love your self-assessment! I was thinking your expression showed confidence, you said rather smug... but they do go together, don't they? You can't be smug without being confident!

I applaud you for still being able to do the lunges! :duel:

Thank you so much for sharing your personal photo with us! :hatsoff:

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Don Wells wrote:I'm on the right of the picture - deep lunge; calm, rather smug expression; solid calves; mucky tennis shoes. I still have the calves; can still do the lunge; can't bring the hair back.

Great photo! Thanks for sharing. I notice there is just one female in the group. Did many women participate? I was surprised to see any ladies included.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Don Wells wrote:I'm on the right of the picture - deep lunge; calm, rather smug expression; solid calves; mucky tennis shoes. I still have the calves; can still do the lunge; can't bring the hair back.

Unfortunately, some things are gone forever...at least you can still lunge! :bigwink:

Don Wells

Unread postby Don Wells » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:45 am

Thank you, each and everyone for the compliments. I'll just give one last little toot on my own trumpet - possibly the most impressive fact of all.
I am but one degree of separation from the great man himself. I see from something I've read (maybe on this site) that Johnny is a friend of Tom Baker, the English actor who played Dr Who back in the (?) 70s/80s.
I interviewed Tom Baker many years agoi when he was appearing at His Majesty's Theatre in Aberdeen (the one in Scotland). The interviiew was hilarious. He never stopped talking. I never stopped laughing. I can see how he and Johnny woulkd get on well together.

Hi, Nebraska.
Yes, only one woman. Can't remember her first name. She was the wife of Ian Robertson (he's between her and me). It's clear who Bonfiglioli is (that slightly supercilious smile, the incipient Mortdecai moustache, later to become a giant black hairy caterpillar). On the left of the pic is a Major Smith (we seldom knew officers' first names) sporting a genuine high-ranking military moustache.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:54 pm

How very interesting this all is.

I'm glad you were able to send us a link. Excellent picture! That's quite a lunge. Yours is the deepest. And congratulations that you can still do those lunges. I'm having issues with lunges these days. :sigh:

An interview with Dr. Who.....There's an iconic figure, to be sure. Kudos to you for scoring that interview.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “The Great Mortdecai Moustache Mystery”