Black Mass Tidbit #18 - Whitey's Girlfriends

by Dick Lehr & Gerard O'Neill

Moderator: Liz

nebraska

Re: Black Mass Tidbit #18 - Whitey's Girlfriends

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:57 am

Liz wrote:I've got to say that if it is true that Stanley is not in the movie, that really bothers me. :mad:

We saw with Public Enemies that a book can be taken for its title and a few facts, and the rest omitted/twisted so that it is more like historical fiction than a documentary. Black Mass may turn out to be the same sort of thing, making Whitey into a sympathetic character like Johnny did for George Jung. I guess I need to reserve further comments for the discussion. ;)

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 pm

This will now be one of our questions. Thank you, Nebraska. It is not the only time Public Enemies will be brought up during this discussion, if you get my drift. ;)
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:10 am

nebraska wrote:
Liz wrote:I've got to say that if it is true that Stanley is not in the movie, that really bothers me. :mad:

We saw with Public Enemies that a book can be taken for its title and a few facts, and the rest omitted/twisted so that it is more like historical fiction than a documentary. Black Mass may turn out to be the same sort of thing, making Whitey into a sympathetic character like Johnny did for George Jung. I guess I need to reserve further comments for the discussion. ;)

Donnie Brasco, too, I imagine.
Could Lefty have been more sympathetic for a mob hit man?! :lol:

In regard to Teresa's character (not our beloved Theresa, but Whitey's), it could be that her family obtained legal control of the use of her character, name, family, something...either to protect her privacy/legacy...or they asked for a lot of money to use her name.
Could be the "character" is there, but with a different name or connection.

Return to “Black Mass”