Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Sept 18 & 20

by Dick Lehr & Gerard O'Neill

Moderator: Liz

shadowydog

Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Sept 18 & 20

Unread postby shadowydog » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:22 am

A 2-hour documentary on Whitey Bulger will air on CNN Thursday, September 18. It will air at 9 PM on the east coast and 6 PM on the west coast. It looks like it will interview many of the people involved at the time. Don't know if anyone has seen this before; but, those who haven't seen it might like to watch it or record it.
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

pinkpalace

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary

Unread postby pinkpalace » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:46 am

shadowydog wrote:A 2-hour documentary on Whitey Bulger will air on CNN Thursday, September 18. It will air at 9 PM on the east coast and 6 PM on the west coast. It looks like it will interview many of the people involved at the time. Don't know if anyone has seen this before; but, those who haven't seen it might like to watch it or record it.

Is it the one called 'Whitey"? The one directed by Joe Berlinger? (He was the one who made the West Memphis 3 documentaries - Paradise Lost) If so, I saw it in theatres and it was very good, very informative but still entertaining, but almost, in my opinion anyways, slightly skewed towards Bulger and trying to prove he wasn't an FBI informant.

shadowydog

Unread postby shadowydog » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:58 am

pinkpalace wrote:
shadowydog wrote:A 2-hour documentary on Whitey Bulger will air on CNN Thursday, September 18. It will air at 9 PM on the east coast and 6 PM on the west coast. It looks like it will interview many of the people involved at the time. Don't know if anyone has seen this before; but, those who haven't seen it might like to watch it or record it.

Is it the one called 'Whitey"? The one directed by Joe Berlinger? (He was the one who made the West Memphis 3 documentaries - Paradise Lost) If so, I saw it in theatres and it was very good, very informative but still entertaining, but almost, in my opinion anyways, slightly skewed towards Bulger and trying to prove he wasn't an FBI informant.

Yes it is. I thought it had been shown somewhere before, but thought maybe people in here didn't have a chance to see it and might want to watch it.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Thank you shadowy! This sounds very good and I will be sure to turn in to watch it.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Mucho Thanks, Shadowydog, for alerting us to this. :bouquet:

I don't think it has been shown anywhere on TV except in some theaters. I bought it on Amazon to watch online, but haven't gotten around to doing that yet. Shoot.....I could have just waited for CNN.

I'll be watching, as long as I don't forget.
:banghead:
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

shadowydog

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Thursday, September 18

Unread postby shadowydog » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:11 am

Don't forget the Whitey Bulger documentary on CNN this evening.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Thursday, September 18

Unread postby Liz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks, Shadowydog, for the reminder.

I'm going to try to change the title to get the attention of other Zoners.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN TONIGHT at 6:00 Pacific Time and 9:00 Eastern

Unread postby Joni » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:39 pm

It's also repeated tonight (Thursday) at 8pm Pacific time and on Saturday at 6pm Pacific time.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN TONIGHT at 6:00 Pacific Time and 9:00 Eastern

Unread postby Liz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 pm

Thanks, Joni, for the extra info.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm watching the program right now, and it's very interesting...and rather disturbing, too...

They've shown a lot of images of Bulger, and it's rather jolting. Johnny got Bulger's look down to a tee...eerily so.

shadowydog

Unread postby shadowydog » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 pm

I am more fascinated about the callous indifference of the government FBI agents brought out in this trial.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 pm

It was not exactly what I was expecting. But it kind of fills in some missing pieces.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Saturday Sept 20th @ 6:pm Pacific Time

Unread postby fireflydances » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Just a note - the documentary is on again tonight (Saturday) at 9:00pm Eastern Time if you are on the East Coast.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

nebraska

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Sept 18 & 20

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:32 pm

The Berlinger documentary "Whitey" is now available on my Netflix streaming service. So if anyone here has not seen it yet and has Netflix, check it out.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Whitey Bulger Documentary on CNN Sept 18 & 20

Unread postby Liz » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:19 am

Thanks, Nebraska, for the heads up. It was a decent documentary and worth seeing.

Return to “Black Mass”