Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Give in Johnny's honor and help bring water systems to Navajo families
User avatar
part-time poet
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby part-time poet » Mon May 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Here's a quick update on our 2013 Birthday Project fundraising . . .

the Zone has now received more than $3,200 in donations for Project Pueblo!


That's wonderful! :loveshower: Thank you so much to all our donors. :bouquet:

We have now collected enough money to provide two water systems for Navajo families (cost approximately $1,500 each)! Can we make it three? :bigwink: :rose:

:worldhug: and :highfive: to everyone who has contributed to this project. You are a great inspiration, showing what we can do when we work together.

It would be fantastic if we could help another family . . . the donations mount up quickly when we pool our gifts. We have less than two weeks to Johnny's birthday, so keep Project Pueblo in mind, won't you? Every little bit helps.

Keep up the good work!

:balloons:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
seanwycliffe
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 am
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby seanwycliffe » Mon May 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Wow thank you all sooo much! :loveshower:

This is truly amazing. I really can't believe how generous everyone is here, you are all making such an impact :smiliewithhearts: :truefan:

We just had a few amazing trips during this past spring, and we've been in the process of setting up a trip this summer to start on a Hogan for a family on the reservation.

Now, with the donations that The Zone has raised, we're working on setting up some more water system projects :biggrin: :bounce:

The exciting thing is that we're setting up a system where our Navajo partners can help us build some of the systems in between trips, allowing the systems to go up faster. I'll definitely keep you up to date regarding this, but we're hoping that we can get some of these systems up even late summer/fall :applause:

Again, thanks so much for your heartfelt giving, it's truly an inspiration! :worldhug: :grouphug:

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 45756
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 pm

:applause2: :yahoo: :applause: That's wonderful news!

Thanks PtP and Sean for keeping up posted!
Drinks all around! :toastingpirates:

User avatar
part-time poet
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby part-time poet » Mon May 27, 2013 4:53 pm

seanwycliffe wrote:Wow thank you all sooo much! :loveshower:

This is truly amazing. I really can't believe how generous everyone is here, you are all making such an impact :smiliewithhearts: :truefan:

We just had a few amazing trips during this past spring, and we've been in the process of setting up a trip this summer to start on a Hogan for a family on the reservation.

Now, with the donations that The Zone has raised, we're working on setting up some more water system projects :biggrin: :bounce:

The exciting thing is that we're setting up a system where our Navajo partners can help us build some of the systems in between trips, allowing the systems to go up faster. I'll definitely keep you up to date regarding this, but we're hoping that we can get some of these systems up even late summer/fall :applause:

Again, thanks so much for your heartfelt giving, it's truly an inspiration! :worldhug: :grouphug:


It's our pleasure, Sean.

Thank you so much for the update . . . it's very exciting to hear about your plans.

I was very impressed with the home you built for the Nez family--it's beautiful! Are you building another one like that? It seems like a very complicated undertaking, but it must be so rewarding to build a home from scratch.

:thanks!:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
Jack's Wench
Posts: 40981
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby Jack's Wench » Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Fantastic news :applause: :applause: It's so wonderful to know that two families are going to benefit from our efforts :goodvibes: :goodvibes:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

User avatar
In-too-Depp
Posts: 160998
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:20 pm
Location: Walking my beat in deepest UK

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 am

Image What a great achievement with two more weeks to go, now if we have lots of zoners who are trying to diet, donate your fast food and soda money and feel good knowing you're donating to such a worthy cause and losing weight at the same time. :grin:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

User avatar
part-time poet
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby part-time poet » Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Jack's Wench wrote:Fantastic news :applause: :applause: It's so wonderful to know that two families are going to benefit from our efforts :goodvibes: :goodvibes:


Thanks!

We're making progress, thanks to all of our generous donors. It's great to hear from Sean that the efforts of Project Pueblo's partners on the reservation are making the donations go even farther, and helping the work to get done even more quickly.

We can do so much when we work together. That makes this project especially inspiring.

:balloons:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
Jack's Wench
Posts: 40981
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Wiltshire, U.K.

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby Jack's Wench » Tue May 28, 2013 3:20 pm

:yes: It's great to be able to get these updates from Sean PtP.
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

User avatar
part-time poet
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby part-time poet » Wed May 29, 2013 11:56 am

In-too-Depp wrote:Image What a great achievement with two more weeks to go, now if we have lots of zoners who are trying to diet, donate your fast food and soda money and feel good knowing you're donating to such a worthy cause and losing weight at the same time. :grin:


That's an intriguing idea, ITD!

Even the cost of a bottle of water is welcome (and a very appropriate gift). When they're all added together, those small gifts mount up quickly.

Only a dozen days to Johnny's birthday . . . . :cake:

:balloons:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
Boo-Radley
Posts: 5358
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:53 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby Boo-Radley » Fri May 31, 2013 11:55 am

WooHoo!!! This is great news, and the updates from Sean Wycliffe are so inspiring. Just made another donation, I hope we are able to make it possible for a 3rd family to receive a water system this year.

Live in Depp
Boo
"With this hand I will cup your.... Oh goodness no!"~~Victor Van Dort

"The theater is my drug, and my illness is so far advanced that my physic must be of the highest quality."~~John Wilmot

User avatar
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster
Posts: 26231
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby Theresa » Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks so much for the donations, and for those waiting to donate until it's closer to Johnny's birthday...well, we're getting closer and closer!

Time to start getting those fingers ready to click on the PayPal link which you can find here!: ...


:airkiss:

User avatar
part-time poet
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Two weeks to Johnny's birthday--and the Birthday Project has passed $3,200!

Unread postby part-time poet » Fri May 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Theresa wrote:Thanks so much for the donations, and for those waiting to donate until it's closer to Johnny's birthday...well, we're getting closer and closer!

Time to start getting those fingers ready to click on the PayPal link which you can find here!: ...


:airkiss:


Yes, Johnny's birthday is just ten days away! :cake:

It's the last day of May, which means payday is at hand :giddy: for many Zoners. When you get paid, think of making a donation to Project Pueblo . . . it will make you feel proud and happy to be helping a Navajo family.

:balloons:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie


Return to “2013 Birthday Project for Project Pueblo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest