Master and Margarita Question #31: What have we missed?

by Mikhail Bulgakov

Moderator: Liz

Buster

Re: Master and Margarita Question #31: What have we missed?

Unread postby Buster » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:16 am

I have found that tidbit writing ain't for the faint of heart! The internet appears to be a magnificent resource, but can be hard to actually access accurate, in-depth information on a subject. I was deeply impressed to the level to which ONBC goes to provide stimulating context for a work that is being read and discussed. It requires a tremendous daily amount of work for several months for just one book. I loved every second of it.

I am not disappearing. You will have to pry me off toe by toe.

I just needed to thank Liz and DITHOT for the incredible honor of being a part of something this :censored: fun.

firefly, Liz, DITHOT- I can't say thank you enough for all of the effort you guys put in to this. I know how daunting it can be, but you've deeply enriched my life. So (selfishly) I'm glad you're having fun, too!

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Master and Margarita Question #31: What have we missed?

Unread postby Liz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm

fireflydances wrote:I just wanted to add this little note, separate from anything else, and this end point seems as good a place as any.

This was my enchanted summer. There is no other way to put it. The pleasure of exploring a book to my heart's content and then sharing what I found with others was an exquisite pleasure. I really did work my tail off, but the immersion in this wonderful book was worth every minute of the time I spent. Sometimes I swear that I have lived in Russia for three solid months, spoken several times with Bulgakov's wife and even called the old man up once or twice. That's what it felt like. Reading and researching till you are right there at the page with the author.

I have found that tidbit writing ain't for the faint of heart! The internet appears to be a magnificent resource, but can be hard to actually access accurate, in-depth information on a subject. I was deeply impressed to the level to which ONBC goes to provide stimulating context for a work that is being read and discussed. It requires a tremendous daily amount of work for several months for just one book. I loved every second of it.

I am not disappearing. You will have to pry me off toe by toe.

I just needed to thank Liz and DITHOT for the incredible honor of being a part of something this :censored: fun.

So glad you enjoyed it, Firefly. And I enjoyed you and your contributions to this discussion and to ONBC as a whole. And I so appreciate your being willing to step in for DITHOT for a couple of book discussions. You've been a godsend, as it were. ;)

As you know, Noodlemantras, life interferes sometimes in what we really want to do. And that's where I've been the last few days (dealing with real life). So sorry I haven't been here to respond to the continuing discussion. But also I don't seem to be getting notifications in my email that there have been new responses. I'll try to catch up now.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “The Master and Margarita”