KLS & JP Q&A #1

Authors of DARK SHADOWS: RETURN TO COLLINWOOD

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

KLS & JP Q&A #1

Unread postby Liz » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

There are 3 more questions left in the Q&A. They are questions addressed to both Kathryn and Jim. And here are their answers to the first question:

ONBC: How did you find out about the new movie? Were you thrilled at first? Or were you concerned that the Dark Shadows legacy might be compromised somehow?

Katherine: I was called by Jim Pierson about 10 days or so before we were to go to England. I'd read a bootleg copy of the script and had a fair idea of the plot . . . and thought the script was quite good. I was thrilled when I learned four of us from the original cast would be playing cameos, something that rarely happens.

Jim: Having worked with Dan Curtis Productions for over two decades, I was involved with getting the new Johnny Depp movie made and when we first learned that Johnny wanted to play Barnabas, we all knew it would be incredible project -- and doubly so when Tim Burton came on board to direct.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SnoopyDances

Re: KLS & JP Q&A #1

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 pm

I wonder how/where she got a bootleg copy of the script. :perplexed:
Maybe it was the first version by August, before Grahame-Smith was brought in.

But only 10 days to get everyone together and flown to England...what an accomplishment! It can take me that long to figure out what to pack! :lol:

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: KLS & JP Q&A #1

Unread postby Liz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:I wonder how/where she got a bootleg copy of the script. :perplexed:

It's not as difficult as you might think. ;) And SHE has connections. Not sayin' I got one, mind you.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Return to “Kathryn Leigh Scott & Jim Pierson”