Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #5

Authors of DARK SHADOWS: RETURN TO COLLINWOOD

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #5

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 15, 2012 11:55 am

ONBC: I was too young during Dark Shadows’ TV run, but I have been trying to read up on the characters, and I have a question about Josette – One source says that she committed suicide on Widow’s Hill and another says that she struggled with Barnabas and fell off the cliff. What really happened?

Kathryn: I think the truth of that scene is in the beholder’s eye . . . there has to be some mystery left!
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Kathryn Leigh Scott Q&A #5

Unread postby Liz » Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 pm

I just have to comment on this. After receiving this answer from Kathryn, I happened upon a You Tube video of the actual scene. And since then I've seen the film. Hmmmm. Well, you all know how it went down in the movie…..but here’s how it actually went down in the TV show.

[youtube]ILlZZzs2uD8[/youtube]

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 pm

I love how Kathryn keeps teasing us with the show. :bigwink:

:applause: Thanks for finding that, Liz!

I'm so glad they kept the creepy music. :goodvibes: I kept hearing that music in the new movie whenever the waves crashed into the rocks. :lol:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 am

I was one of those "run home from school" kids and never missed the show, but after all these years, I can't remember any specifics about the show. Just the general I-loved-it feeling. It's neat getting to relive (and relearn) my youth.

(...and I think Josette leaped off the cliff)

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby Liz » Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Didn't look that way to me. ;)

Cyn

Unread postby Cyn » Sun May 20, 2012 1:53 am

^ Me either. It looked like he was trying to hold onto her and she was struggling to get away and just fell off the cliff accidentally. I don't think she wanted to die--she just didn't want to become what Angelique showed her, so she was trying to get away from Barnabas since Angelique had convinced her that he would turn her into that horrible vampire version of herself.
And this is from someone who never watched the show or ever saw that clip before tonight, so it's from a totally fresh and objective perspective! :biggrin:
We have almost come to expect from Johnny Depp performances that are better than they have to be. ~Stephen Daly
He doesn't belong in show business...he belongs somewhere better. ~Sarah Jessica Parker :heart2:

Return to “Kathryn Leigh Scott & Jim Pierson”