Life Question #12 ~ The Times They Are A Changin'

by Keith Richards & James Fox

Moderator: Liz

Gilbert's Girl

Re: Life Question #12 ~ The Times They Are A Changin'

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 am

Thanks Nebraska and everyone else that makes much more sense as to what Keith was saying I guess I just couldn't get my thoughts around this question at all.

It seems Andrew Oldham was clever enough to see that he could work the press to their advantage by feeding the media stories and quotes and manipulating the press to the extent that the Stones were always in the media. He invented their bad boy image which the press lapped up. I think this was what Keith was saying, they could do anything or say anything and it would make headline news.

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:03 pm

I agree with what has already been said. I am close to Keiths age so I lived through the 60s. I felt the mood as Buster said. We were naïve enough to think we could change the world. I think the beginning was love not war with the drugs being LSD and marijuana and the music started more as folk songs. The Stones came along a bit harsher and added the division of the classes as GG says.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:04 pm

I was lucky enough to have a very brief interaction with Grace Slick :notworthy: a couple of years ago. One of the things she said, adamantly, that has always stuck with me was, "Music is a business. Don't ever think it isn't." I so wish that I could have continued that conversation! :-/
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Life”