Rolling Stones slightly off topic

by Keith Richards & James Fox

Moderator: Liz

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 162304
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:27 am

Not a book obviously but since we discussed Keith Richards Life I though some people might be interested in seeing a film that is to be released next month November which shows the Rolling Stones before they were really famous.
According to reports it will be available to see on Direct Tv in the USA on November 10th at 9pm and is called Charlie is My Darling. It was filmed on thier tour of Ireland in 1965 and has been restored from the original film. It will also be available on DVD, but I thought some of you might just want to catch it if you can on tv since it will be shown.

User avatar
Liz
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Liz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks, GG.

It's totally OK to post that here. I think that many of us enjoyed Life (I know I did....immensely). So this is just another enhancement to the book and to our understanding of Keith and his cohorts. Wish I could see it, though. I don't get Direct TV. :bawl: I will keep a sharp eye for the DVD, though.
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

User avatar
losami
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby losami » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:33 am

Wow, thanks very much GG! I would LOVE to see this. Darn I don't have Direct tv, so I'll be looking for it on dvd. Wonder if it will be on Cable tv? Like MTV or Independant Film Channel? One can only hope!

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 162304
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 am

Their new 50th Anniversary documentry Crossfire Hurricaine The Rise of the Rolling Stones is also to be aired on HBO on November 15th. It has lots of clips some previously unseen from the 60's and early 70's with new interviews from the guys done last year as a narrrative. It doesn't cover the full 50 years I believe it only goes up to the early 80's. I believe it has Mick and Keith talking frankly about Keith's drug addiction and bust in it something we covered briefly in the discussion of Life. I believe it also shows Mr Jagger snorting cocaine.

If anyone in the UK is interested the BBC is showing a whole raft of stuff I think over the weekend of November 17th and 18th

the above link also talks about Crossfire Hurricaine and Charlie is my Darling

User avatar
Chocolat
Posts: 8702
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Sleepy Hollow

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 am

:thankyou: Thanks GG for the update! I'm looking forward to this documentary on HBO. :elvis:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 162304
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:47 am

I should also mention that Crossfire Hurricaine will also be available as a DVD next year if anyone wants to see it but can't get the channels.

User avatar
Chocolat
Posts: 8702
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Sleepy Hollow

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:05 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:I should also mention that Crossfire Hurricaine will also be available as a DVD next year if anyone wants to see it but can't get the channels.



My 83 year old mother-in-law will be happy to know that.
Yes, she loves the Stones and Johnny too. :ok:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

User avatar
shadowydog
Posts: 89520
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby shadowydog » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

I just saw an ad for it to be shown on channel AUD (audience channel) for those of you who might get that channel. It is chanel 239 on Directv. It will be shown at 9pm eastern time. Looks like a 5 part series that will show on 5 saturdays? GG is this correct. Was it in 5 parts?
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 162304
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

shadowydog wrote:I just saw an ad for it to be shown on channel AUD (audience channel) for those of you who might get that channel. It is chanel 239 on Directv. It will be shown at 9pm eastern time. Looks like a 5 part series that will show on 5 saturdays? GG is this correct. Was it in 5 parts?

No, Charlie is My Darling is a single movie and Crossfire Hurricaine will be shown in two parts here. Neither is long enough for five parts.

User avatar
shadowydog
Posts: 89520
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby shadowydog » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:22 pm

I have it set to record. Will find out when I get back, I'll find out.
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 162304
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm

shadowydog wrote:I have it set to record. Will find out when I get back, I'll find out.

I looked at the channel schedule you mentioned and it only shows it on the 10th since there is no programme info for the following Saturday and its the whole programme. Maybe they are repeating it the following week.

User avatar
shadowydog
Posts: 89520
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby shadowydog » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:
shadowydog wrote:I have it set to record. Will find out when I get back, I'll find out.

I looked at the channel schedule you mentioned and it only shows it on the 10th since there is no programme info for the following Saturday and its the whole programme. Maybe they are repeating it the following week.


It is a 90 minute show here on Saturday. How long was the movie?
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 162304
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 am

shadowydog wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:
shadowydog wrote:I have it set to record. Will find out when I get back, I'll find out.

I looked at the channel schedule you mentioned and it only shows it on the 10th since there is no programme info for the following Saturday and its the whole programme. Maybe they are repeating it the following week.


It is a 90 minute show here on Saturday. How long was the movie?

Don't you mean how long is the movie? 65 minutes according to the DVD details. Guess the rest of the time covers the commercials.

User avatar
SnoopyDances
Posts: 47861
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Location: Tashmore Lake

Status: Offline

Re: Rolling Stones slightly off topic

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

:thanks!: GG!


Return to “Life”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest