2012 Birthday Project Update--Our donations at work

Give in Johnny's honor and help Navajo families.
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Re: 2012 Birthday Project total--hold on to your hats!

Unread post by fireflydances » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:35 am

Great photos mangodroplet! Wonderful to see the systems going in!!
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

FANtasticJD

Unread post by FANtasticJD » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 am

It's almost overwhelming to see help finally arriving for these lovely people. Now it feels real! They have suffered and struggled far too long. Thank you to all those who have worked so hard to achieve this small step forward. I'm honored to have had a small part in helping this happen. I noticed that Alice Tso's name was missing from the list of those helped. Oh dear.
“Who wants to be normal when you can be unique?”
Helena Bonham Carter

Pixie

Unread post by Pixie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:36 am

:thanks!: It's wonderful to see for ourselves how this project is taking off, you don't often get to see how donations are being used. I'm glad that we are making a difference! :goodvibes:

audamay

Re: 2012 Birthday Project Update--Our donations at work

Unread post by audamay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Wonderful news and so enlightening to see where the project has progressed so far - thanks so much :loveshower:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery

Forgotten People

Re: Thank you from Forgotten People, Navajo Nation, AZ

Unread post by Forgotten People » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Dear Johnny Depp Zoners, Thank you each and everyone of you and Johnny Depp for all your great work and compassion for water haulers in the Navajo Nation, AZ! We are the Forgotten People working with Project Pueblo to install safe drinking water systems. Please check out all the photos on Facebook. The supplies are coming in and we are getting them prepped to go onsite for Project Pueblo's arrival on 9/9. You are all awesome! Wishing you many Blessings and our appreciation, Forgotten People :applause2: :applause: :yahoo: :dillingerhello: :wave: :captainjack:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: Thank you from Forgotten People, Navajo Nation, AZ

Unread post by Theresa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Forgotten People wrote:Dear Johnny Depp Zoners, Thank you each and everyone of you and Johnny Depp for all your great work and compassion for water haulers in the Navajo Nation, AZ! We are the Forgotten People working with Project Pueblo to install safe drinking water systems. Please check out all the photos on Facebook. The supplies are coming in and we are getting them prepped to go onsite for Project Pueblo's arrival on 9/9. You are all awesome! Wishing you many Blessings and our appreciation, Forgotten People :applause2: :applause: :yahoo: :dillingerhello: :wave: :captainjack:
We're all so pleased to be able to see pictures of the water systems actually getting there. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

:thankyou:

Forgotten People

Forgotten People & Project Pueblo invites Johnny Depp & Zoners for ribbon cutting

Unread post by Forgotten People » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Yá'át'ééh (Greetings) Great to see your response. Forgotten People invites Johnny Depp and Johnny Depp Zoners to a ribbon cutting ceremony in the Navajo Nation and meet the people you are helping!

We are so happy you can see photos of the water systems that are coming in. We will keep you posted as we prep the systems and get them onsite to install them with Project Pueblo.

Please let us know how we can post photos in addition to links on this page.

Ahe'hee (Thank you) for your kind hearts!
From your Fans,
Forgotten People, Navajo Nation

and

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread post by fireflydances » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:32 pm

I am absolutely speechless. All I can say is that I hope someone from the Zone can get there. I am sure there are Zoners among us that live in Arizona. What an amazing circle we would make then, come round, hand and hand, those that saw the need, those that tried to help, those that worked and produced the results. We are certainly a special community are we not?
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

justintime

Unread post by justintime » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow . . . as one who's lived long enough to have many years of small donations under her belt, I have to say this is the first and only time I've ever actually seen the donated funds materialize into the real thing. Makes you want to do so much more - very, very moving.

Thank you for the links.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Cyn

Unread post by Cyn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:38 pm

I just love all this follow-up, which is usually non-existent with charities after one donates to them. I'm so thrilled to have been even a tiny part of this, and yes, it certainly does make me want to do so much more, since I can see our contributions actually materialize into the needed results like this.
Thanks so much, Forgotten People, for keeping us updated. :thankyou:
We have almost come to expect from Johnny Depp performances that are better than they have to be. ~Stephen Daly
He doesn't belong in show business...he belongs somewhere better. ~Sarah Jessica Parker :heart2:

audamay

Unread post by audamay » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:01 pm

justintime wrote:Wow . . . as one who's lived long enough to have many years of small donations under her belt, I have to say this is the first and only time I've ever actually seen the donated funds materialize into the real thing. Makes you want to do so much more - very, very moving.

Thank you for the links.
This is exactly just what I was thinking and it really makes you feel part of this phenomenon and my thanks to our organisers in making us part of it all - you are all amazing :worldhug:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Very exciting, indeed!
:heart2: Thanks to all the volunteers helping to deliver and install these systems. You are truly lifesavers.

And thanks again for keeping us in the loop! :kiss:

winona

Unread post by winona » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:36 pm

I so wish I could be there :bawl: My job has to come first, I know our hearts are with these wonderful people
Because love has your face and body .....and your hands are tender and your mouth is sweet-and God has made no other eyes like yours. Walter Benton

bascan333

Unread post by bascan333 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm

And to think, it all came from our mutual love, respect and amiration of Johnny. This a great achievement by and for all. Thanks to everyone for making this possible.
"Life is an occasion. Rise to it." Dusitn Hoffman, Mr. Magorium's Magical Emporium

moviemom

Unread post by moviemom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Wow! Thank you, Forgotten People, for keeping us informed of the progress and inviting us to your ribbon cutting. I wish I could be there and meet those we're helping. I'm touched, truly. :bouquet:
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile: