Birthday Project Update--we have now passed $2,000! Great work!

Give in Johnny's honor and help Navajo families.
SnoopyDances

Re: Birthday Project Update--we have now passed $2,000! Great work!

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun May 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Is there a new total, yet? :hope:
Haven't heard in a while. Or are you saving the big surprise for June? :goodvibes:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:Is there a new total, yet? :hope:
Haven't heard in a while. Or are you saving the big surprise for June? :goodvibes:
We'd love to post a new total, but we haven't reached the next "milestone" of donations yet, Snoopy. A few more generous Zoners--or guests--will help nudge us over to that next total. (With several more milestones to go, I hope! :hope: )

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Theresa wrote:
SnoopyDances wrote:Is there a new total, yet? :hope:
We'd love to post a new total, but we haven't reached the next "milestone" of donations yet, Snoopy. A few more generous Zoners--or guests--will help nudge us over to that next total. (With several more milestones to go, I hope! :hope: )
:yikes:
We need to do something about that!
There's only two weeks left. :ohno:
What is the next goal?

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Sun May 27, 2012 10:25 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:What is the next goal?
The next goal is $3000, then $4000, then $5000....then $6000?

That would get us FOUR water systems for four Navajo families! Wouldn't that just be great, knowing we helped give four families fresh, clean water?

winona

Unread post by winona » Sun May 27, 2012 10:36 pm

I said I would do it again. I did today, I may have issues in my life, these people make me think of my Fathers childhood, no one was there to help, a native baby born with a cleft pallet. He made a life for himself. Dig deep.Or Depp
Because love has your face and body .....and your hands are tender and your mouth is sweet-and God has made no other eyes like yours. Walter Benton

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Sun May 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Thank you for the encouragement Winona. It was just what I needed tonight to make my donation. Things continue to be hard for lots of us, but man, not many of us face what these folks do. What's giving if it don't hurt a little, huh?

Together, hand in hand, we always work a miracle don't we?
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

winona

Unread post by winona » Sun May 27, 2012 11:33 pm

fireflydances wrote:Thank you for the encouragement Winona. It was just what I needed tonight to make my donation. Things continue to be hard for lots of us, but man, not many of us face what these folks do. What's giving if it don't hurt a little, huh?

Together, hand in hand, we always work a miracle don't we?
:smiliewithhearts: :twohearts: :loveshower:
Because love has your face and body .....and your hands are tender and your mouth is sweet-and God has made no other eyes like yours. Walter Benton

Pearlsgirl

Unread post by Pearlsgirl » Mon May 28, 2012 12:28 am

Thanks for "making it hit home" Winona! I just donated again. Yes, times are hard...but here we are typing away on our computer or laptop...we're lucky! Others are not near as fortunate! I like that...."Dig Depp"
Gather yourself by the sea, I will love you there. Assemble yourself with wild things, songs of the sparrow and seafoam. Let mad beauty collect in your eyes - for I long for a man with nests of wild things in his hair. A man who will Kiss the Flame.

winona

Unread post by winona » Mon May 28, 2012 12:48 am

You Ladies make us look Good :rose:

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 am

I feel so guilty watering my garden, when these people don't have any water at all.
Will be donating again! :ok:

Come on Zoners, this is our chance to make a real difference in someone's life! :-)

Dig Depp! :worldhug:

Pearlsgirl

Unread post by Pearlsgirl » Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 am

So true, SnoopyDances! Many little streams make a mighty river!

I was filling my watering can this morning...to refill the birdbath in my backyard. I left the hose running in the can for too long while I did a little weeding. The water spilled out and flowed down the driveway for several minutes. I had forgotten about it, to tell the truth. Water...wasted as all it did was wet concrete and move on to the gutter.

We can't forget those in such terrible need though. We can't truly imagine how it must be to be without the bare necessities...unless we've "walked a mile in someone's moccasins", as the quote states. Imagine the joy and relief a family would feel to at last have fresh water readily available!

Around the world countries have specific days to honor those who have served as soldiers and sailors. Today is Memorial Day here in the US...and I have family members and friends who I remember today who proudly served in the Armed Forces. Do you have someone to honor? This may be the perfect way to do so on this sacred day! Dig Depp and help with this noble cause!
:bluedaisy:
Gather yourself by the sea, I will love you there. Assemble yourself with wild things, songs of the sparrow and seafoam. Let mad beauty collect in your eyes - for I long for a man with nests of wild things in his hair. A man who will Kiss the Flame.