Birthday Project update--we've raised more than $800 already!

Give in Johnny's honor and help Navajo families.
part-time poet

Birthday Project update--we've raised more than $800 already!

Unread post by part-time poet » Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Just a quick update on our 2012 Birthday Project fundraising . . .

in just a couple of days, the Zone has already received more than $800 in donations for Project Pueblo!

That's fantastic! Thank you so much to those generous souls who have already donated.

It would be wonderful if we could hit $1,000 this weekend. A few $10 or $15 donations would get us to that milestone, and it would be a nice way to celebrate the Dark Shadows press junket, wouldn't it?
:biggrin:

Many thanks to all of you!

:balloons:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

Lotanx3

Re: Birthday Project update--we've raised more than $800 already!

Unread post by Lotanx3 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Wow that's absolutely amazing!
I'll probably send my donation directly to Project Pueblo as soon as I'll have the spare time to do so.

It's lovely to read about such a great thing! Thank you for letting us know... :cloud9:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Fri May 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Lotanx3 wrote:Wow that's absolutely amazing!
I'll probably send my donation directly to Project Pueblo as soon as I'll have the spare time to do so.

It's lovely to read about such a great thing! Thank you for letting us know... :cloud9:
If you do, Lotan...could you be sure and let me know how much you gave so we can keep our totals updated correctly? Thanks!!

Jack's Wench

Unread post by Jack's Wench » Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

That's wonderful news :applause: :applause:

Well done Zoners :bouquet:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

humiliatedgrape

Unread post by humiliatedgrape » Fri May 04, 2012 5:51 pm

WOW! That's amazing! :loveshower: :applause2: :applause: What great news!!!
I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

5/7/2011☆6/22/2013

Lotanx3

Unread post by Lotanx3 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Theresa wrote:
Lotanx3 wrote:Wow that's absolutely amazing!

If you do, Lotan...could you be sure and let me know how much you gave so we can keep our totals updated correctly? Thanks!!
Of course! I'll first have to find time to send the money but I'll do that as soon as possible and let you know. :)

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 pm

WOW! You know this place and you guys really impresses the :censored: out of me -- the community spirit is very moving, all the more powerful because it exists in the ether, invisible yet very real. Shows you that people can move mountains if they unite with positive energy.

:hatsoff: Hats off to those of us who have stepped up to the plate already!
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Krin

Unread post by Krin » Fri May 04, 2012 8:22 pm

part-time poet wrote:Just a quick update on our 2012 Birthday Project fundraising . . .

in just a couple of days, the Zone has already received more than $800 in donations for Project Pueblo!

That's fantastic! Thank you so much to those generous souls who have already donated.

It would be wonderful if we could hit $1,000 this weekend. A few $10 or $15 donations would get us to that milestone, and it would be a nice way to celebrate the Dark Shadows press junket, wouldn't it?
:biggrin:

Many thanks to all of you!

:balloons:

Part-Time Poet

I definitely plan to donate something but unfortunately I can't do it this week. Sorry. :sad:

In-too-Depp

Unread post by In-too-Depp » Sat May 05, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks PtP for updating us on the total, it's wonderful to have reached such a total so quickly but I'm not surprised, the zoners have always proved just how generous and giving they are to all the worthy causes that you always choose for us. I'm sure the total will keep rising and we will all once again be amazed at just how much can be achieved when we all join together and donate, no matter how small the amount..

I just love the zone and the community here, it always feels so warm and friendly, like an extended family. :heart2:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Fairy

Unread post by Fairy » Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 am

:applause2: Wow, over 800 dollar already :yahoo:
PTP how good of you to encourage us all to donate, no matter how small a sum as it is the number of donator that could make us hit the 1000 dollar.

Together we can make it! For Johnny! :twohearts:
"You find a glimmer of happiness in this world, there is always someone who wants to destroy it." James Barrie/Johnny Depp in Finding Neverland

Pearlsgirl

Unread post by Pearlsgirl » Sat May 05, 2012 12:18 pm

How wonderful! And you've made it so convenient too! I'm not particularly computer-"savvy" (giggles), but I do have a paypal account...all that's required is just a few clicks of the mouse! So simple to do...and so worthwhile! Onward and upward, friends! :ok:
Gather yourself by the sea, I will love you there. Assemble yourself with wild things, songs of the sparrow and seafoam. Let mad beauty collect in your eyes - for I long for a man with nests of wild things in his hair. A man who will Kiss the Flame.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Sat May 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Krin wrote: I definitely plan to donate something but unfortunately I can't do it this week. Sorry. :sad:
No worries, Krin! That's why we run the Birthday Project for a month. We know that some days there just isn't enough money to spare.

Cyn

Unread post by Cyn » Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 pm

This project couldn't be more perfect for the birthday fundraiser this year! It goes hand in hand with Johnny's NA heritage, and not one, but two of his movies. I got chills as I read the info here about the horrible situation there in Bennett Freeze, and was overwhelmed with sadness for the unnecessary suffering of those poor people. I'm very sure that Johnny has already donated generously to help them out there, since he couldn't possibly have become aware of their situation and not done so, knowing how he is! :heart2:
Kudos to the savvy JDZ mods who found it and brought it to our attention. :grouphug: I've never donated to anything other than animal charities in my entire life, but I'm eager to donate what I can to this, as soon as I have the time to go over the directions as to how to do that...
We have almost come to expect from Johnny Depp performances that are better than they have to be. ~Stephen Daly
He doesn't belong in show business...he belongs somewhere better. ~Sarah Jessica Parker :heart2:

Fairy

Unread post by Fairy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Did we already hit the 1000 dollar? :hope:
"You find a glimmer of happiness in this world, there is always someone who wants to destroy it." James Barrie/Johnny Depp in Finding Neverland

cats7

Unread post by cats7 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:18 pm

This is amazing...I will donate in the next few days.
"Mischief as the moon/Summoning beneath/With his gypsy moves/Yearning as the foal/Shy and beautiful..." - NINE, Patti Smith

06.30.08/05.25.12/06.03.12
Heaven.