Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Give in Johnny's honor and help Navajo families.
User avatar
part-time poet
JDZ Administrator
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby part-time poet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Gilbert's Girl wrote:Modest as usual, lovely.

Do you get sent the physical letter by mail or do you get it by e-mail, just curious?


GG,

I realized I was so excited when I was reading the initial Zone responses that I neglected to answer your question.

In the early days, when we first started doing our Birthday Projects, I would receive a physical letter in the mail (only).

For the past couple of years, including this one, I have received an email with Johnny's letter attached very soon after the Birthday Project closed, with a hard copy of his letter following in the mail to me a little while later.

I received the actual letter from Johnny by Federal Express to my door today, which reminded me that I owed you an answer. I post the letter as soon as I receive it by email, however, since I don't think Zoners should have to wait for the news.

:goodvibes:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
fireflydances
ONBC Moderator
Posts: 2935
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: under a pile of books
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 am

Once again, this is just such a lovely place. The sincerity of all the principals, the humanity of the actor whose work we so appreciate. The whole thing just moves me to tears, as silly as that may sound. It's really as though we all lived around the corner from each other. I don't think it will ever stop surprising me.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

User avatar
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster
Posts: 24058
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby Theresa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:45 am

part-time poet wrote:I received the actual letter from Johnny by Federal Express to my door today,

I know it's a UPS smilie instead of Fedex, but did you do this when the letter came, PTP?

Image

User avatar
part-time poet
JDZ Administrator
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby part-time poet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 am

Theresa wrote:
part-time poet wrote:I received the actual letter from Johnny by Federal Express to my door today,

I know it's a UPS smilie instead of Fedex, but did you do this when the letter came, PTP?

Image


Yup! And I'm still smiling.

:heart2:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
MinaDM
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:26 am

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby MinaDM » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 am

part-time poet wrote:In the early days, when we first started doing our Birthday Projects, I would receive a physical letter in the mail (only).

For the past couple of years, including this one, I have received an email with Johnny's letter attached very soon after the Birthday Project closed, with a hard copy of his letter following in the mail to me a little while later.

I received the actual letter from Johnny by Federal Express to my door today, which reminded me that I owed you an answer. I post the letter as soon as I receive it by email, however, since I don't think Zoners should have to wait for the news.
Part-Time Poet[/n]


Wow wow wow..... WOOWWW

Theresa wrote:]
I know it's a UPS smilie instead of Fedex, but did you do this when the letter came, PTP?
Image


:lol: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :harhar: Oh theresa :biglaugh:
I can imagine I would do exactly this if the letter came to my door
And this afterwards :thud: :thud:
"People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. I'm facinated by underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people"~ Johnny Depp
Johnny is indeed = the most beautiful soul

carol2843
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: South Charleston, OH USA

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby carol2843 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:13 pm

:loveshower: What a lovely note of appreciation! It shows what a truly warm and caring person Johnny is; that along with his generosity in supporting this very worthy cause shows how sincere he is in his feelings towards Native Americans. God bless him! I am proud to be a Johnny Depp fan and a member of this family of Johnny Depp fans and supporters. :angel:

User avatar
Gilbert's Girl
Posts: 157218
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am
Location: UK

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:05 am

part-time poet wrote:
Gilbert's Girl wrote:Modest as usual, lovely.

Do you get sent the physical letter by mail or do you get it by e-mail, just curious?


GG,

I realized I was so excited when I was reading the initial Zone responses that I neglected to answer your question.

In the early days, when we first started doing our Birthday Projects, I would receive a physical letter in the mail (only).

For the past couple of years, including this one, I have received an email with Johnny's letter attached very soon after the Birthday Project closed, with a hard copy of his letter following in the mail to me a little while later.

I received the actual letter from Johnny by Federal Express to my door today, which reminded me that I owed you an answer. I post the letter as soon as I receive it by email, however, since I don't think Zoners should have to wait for the news.

:goodvibes:

Part-Time Poet

Thanks PTP for getting back to me on that :ok: So do you frame it?

User avatar
seanwycliffe
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 am
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby seanwycliffe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give an update on the water systems project. We had 3 interns on site over the past few weeks, and they were able to gather the details from each families house, figure out the exact parts (some families already had some parts), and put the orders in. As a result of their diligent work, we were able to include an extra family - that's 6 families instead of 5!

The systems should be going on shortly as the materials are on route to each families homesite.

Again, none of this would've been possible without your kindness - thanks again!

:yahoo: :bounce:

Sean

User avatar
winona
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Location: Heart of the Rockies

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby winona » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:08 pm

seanwycliffe wrote:Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give an update on the water systems project. We had 3 interns on site over the past few weeks, and they were able to gather the details from each families house, figure out the exact parts (some families already had some parts), and put the orders in. As a result of their diligent work, we were able to include an extra family - that's 6 families instead of 5!

The systems should be going on shortly as the materials are on route to each families homesite.

Again, none of this would've been possible without your kindness - thanks again!

:yahoo: :bounce:

Sean

Thank you so much for the update :yahoo: You are truly amazing :truefan:
Because love has your face and body .....and your hands are tender and your mouth is sweet-and God has made no other eyes like yours. Walter Benton

User avatar
part-time poet
JDZ Administrator
Posts: 9883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby part-time poet » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Six families! That's fantastic!

Thanks so much for the update, Sean.

:loveshower:

Part-Time Poet
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
-- J. M. Barrie

User avatar
Pinky
Posts: 18123
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Hiding under the tree tops.

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby Pinky » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 pm

seanwycliffe wrote:Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give an update on the water systems project. We had 3 interns on site over the past few weeks, and they were able to gather the details from each families house, figure out the exact parts (some families already had some parts), and put the orders in. As a result of their diligent work, we were able to include an extra family - that's 6 families instead of 5!

The systems should be going on shortly as the materials are on route to each families homesite.

Again, none of this would've been possible without your kindness - thanks again!

:yahoo: :bounce:

Sean


:applause2:
This is amazing news !! Thank you so much for the update.

I am completely moved by all the work that goes into this.
:applause2: For those that are out there putting in the people power to get this up and running. For without their work/time/effort this task would not be complete. :applause2:
"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying.” ~Johnny Depp~

User avatar
moviemom
Posts: 17757
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby moviemom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 pm

:bounce: :applause2: :applause: This is wonderful news! Thank you, Sean for the update. :thanks!:
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd
My flickr page

RamblinRebel
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Chicago or thereabouts

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby RamblinRebel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Six families! :highfive: YES!
Excellent news! Thanks, Sean!!

User avatar
PatG
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: Alabama
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby PatG » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

I can see I have been spending too much of my web time on Facebook. There's so much fun here. I am going to start dividing my web time between here and Facebook.
"The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants." ~ Johnny Depp

User avatar
audamay
Posts: 5226
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:34 pm
Location: Manchester England
Contact:

Status: Offline

Re: Wonderful news for the Zone! A thank-you letter from Johnny Depp!

Unread postby audamay » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

RamblinRebel wrote:Six families! :highfive: YES!
Excellent news! Thanks, Sean!!



Well done and many thanks for the update too :loveshower:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery


Return to “2012 Birthday Project for Project Pueblo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest