Tim Powers Q&A #17

Author of ON STRANGER TIDES

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Tim Powers Q&A #17

Unread postby Liz » Sat May 21, 2011 7:45 pm

ONBC: Well, one of the questions should surely be: "What are you reading now?" It's almost the ONBC theme, after all.

Tim: I seem to be on a binge of re-reading all of Robert Heinlein's juvenile novels -- Citizen of the Galaxy, Have Space Suit Will Travel, Between Planets, Time For the Stars -- I guess I re-read those things about once a year, and I've apparently stumbled into this year's dose! They're all wonderful books -- do try 'em, if you haven't already! Or even if you have!
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Buster

Re: Tim Powers Q&A #17

Unread postby Buster » Mon May 23, 2011 9:55 am

I know the urge to revisit favorites. Oddly enough, reading On Stranger Tides sent me back to re-read Lester del Rey. And then I went and bought The Stress of Her Regard, which is riveting. (I've always loved the word "riveting" to describe a novel - it is often hilariously mis-used, but in this case I have been totally inconvenienced by how thoroughly I'm sucked into this book. Missed a fairly important meeting, actually. Oh, well - it was worth it.)

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

I've never heard of that series of young adult novels. It's nice to see you have an appreciation for children's novels...I go back and forth between adult and children's books all the time. (Or in today's book jargon, YA novels.)

I'll have to see if I can find those and give them a gander.

fansmom

Unread postby fansmom » Thu May 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Oh, I loved those books when I was a kid!
I did a term paper my freshman year in college on Heinlein, in part because the professor had a shelf of Heinlein novels in his office.

shadowydog

Unread postby shadowydog » Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Heinlein and Asimov..... :love: :truefan: I devoured those books when I was young.
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

Return to “Tim Powers”