Tim Powers Q&A #14

Author of ON STRANGER TIDES

Moderator: Liz

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Tim Powers Q&A #14

Unread postby Liz » Wed May 18, 2011 10:56 am

ONBC: Do you have any interest in seeing any other novels you’ve written transformed into films? There is a cinematic quality to your work: clear, clean images, great dialogue. You sketch your characters very lightly (ie. not going on and on about them), but you manage to carry them from scene to scene, always building on the small things you gives us. I think that is rather like film also.

Tim: Thanks! Yes, I'd love to have all my books made into movies! It would be fun to see how a studio imagined my characters. I'd love to have my wife and I get bit-parts clear enough so that I could tell my friends, See, there we are! And of course the money would be nice, and it would probably get the books reissued with catchy covers!
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: Tim Powers Q&A #14

Unread postby Theresa » Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 pm

I can imagine it must really be a kick to see your book title up on the big screen. Even if very little of the content is actually in the movie, still...ON STRANGER TIDES is up there for the world to see.

(And it never hurts to get your book reissued either, does it? :bigwink: )

Return to “Tim Powers”