It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tim Powers Q&A #9
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:03 pm 

ONBC: Do you have anything to add about all those questions and ideas that we tossed back and forth--the importance of motion, Dante's Inferno, The Odyssey? What about how we interpreted your characters’ thoughts and actions? Those things we found in your characters? What's your take on our musings?

TIM: To tell you the truth, you found a lot of nice elements and parallels that I wasn't aware of! (I like to think it was all going on in my subconscious, though!)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Post subject: Re: Tim Powers Q&A #9
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:01 pm 

Of course your subconscious was contemplating all the ways to interest and get the grey matter stirring and letting the story mention science, history, and events that can be debatable do just that. The more questionable or mysterious the events, the more the speculation. And then there is that pesky notion in all of us to see something from our own perspective. :biggrin: .
Thanks for a great story that got each of us pondering the consequences of so many aspects in each character, not to mention the fountain.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
 Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Tim Powers Q&A #9
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 pm 

We have an accord, gemini! :cool:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]