Ann Crispin's illness and passing–-Messages and condolences from the Zone

by A.C. Crispin

Moderator: Liz

shadowydog

Ann Crispin's illness and passing–-Messages and condolences from the Zone

Unread postby shadowydog » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 pm

[legend=A MESSAGE FROM ONBC].
This is a thread in honor of Ann Crispin, author of Price of Freedom and an honorary Zoner.

Ann is very ill. (see Shadowydog’s post below)

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas, Liz & Fireflydances, as well as the rest of the Zone staff, are extremely saddened by this news.

You are welcome to share your messages of good will and notes of appreciation here, which we will collect and post to Ann’s Facebook page in the next day or so.

Time is of the essence.

~Liz

[/legend]

Not sure where to post this; but, Ann Crispin has just posted this on her Facebook account:

Ann Crispin

I've been hesitant to make this post, but it's time. I want to thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. I fear my condition is deteriorating. I am doing the best I can to be positive but I probably don't have an awful lot of time left. I want you all to know that I am receiving excellent care and am surrounded by family and friends.

I wish all aspiring writers the will to finish and a good contract. Please continue to monitor Writer Beware and be careful who you sign with. Victoria Strauss and Richard White are there to help.

I've asked Michael to collect and read me your messages. As I don't know how things will proceed, I don't know if I'll have the strength to post on Facebook again

:sad: :bawl:
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

historicalpassion1

Re: Ann Crispin

Unread postby historicalpassion1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:51 pm

This is incredibly sad news. She has battled cancer for some time now and I had hoped she would win. As an aspiring writer, I truly appreciated how accessible Ann made herself to others and over the past few years I have learned much from her. Peace be with you, Ann.
"That's Impossible." - Alice
"Only if you believe it is." - Mad Hatter
"Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling" ~June 20, 2009~

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Re: Ann Crispin

Unread postby fireflydances » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm

We should gather comments also and send them along to her husband via the Facebook page as she was absolutely delightful when we read and discussed her book. I am very sad to hear her news, but impressed by her continued ability to meet the world with grace and love. Thanks shadowy!!
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Liz
ONBC Moderator

Re: Ann Crispin very ill – post messages to Ann here

Unread postby Liz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Ann, I feel privileged to have made your acquaintance. I so enjoyed our interview with you back in 2011, and then your follow-up involvement in our discussion, along with the bonus of a Q&A. I will never forget the good will, graciousness and enthusiasm you showed us throughout that almost 6-month period.

I’ve been following you on Facebook ever since and I want to wish you much strength and peace with what comes next. :pray:

Thank you, Ann. :hug:

Liz
You can't judge a book by its cover.

The only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story.

shadowydog

Unread postby shadowydog » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Ann - you are beloved not only by all of us on the Johnny Depp Zone but by the fans of Star Trek and Star Wars and all who have read your writing over the years. You will be missed but never forgotten as long as the written word exists. :chill:

Carol
I have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

nanjacb

Unread postby nanjacb » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:39 am

Peace and blessings to you, Ms. Crispin.
Nancy
Hold on... Willy Wonka

moviemom

Unread postby moviemom » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 am

I have already replied to this post on Facebook, but would add that I was very happy you joined us here in our little book club when we read The Price of Freedom. Ann, we love you.
-Mary
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile:

Kittycat88

Unread postby Kittycat88 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 am

Miss Crispin~~ Thank you for being a friend to the Zone. Your contributions were wonderful and help so many young (or old) writers learn so much!!

God Bless you.

Cathy
I have finally found a way to live just like I never could before.
I have finally found a way to live in the presence of the lord ~ E. Clapton

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 am

Your gracious participation with our book club was a great benefit and honor for all of us who belong to it. Best wishes are with you.

Pearlsgirl

Unread postby Pearlsgirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:02 am

Thank you, Ann. You are an inspiration.
Gather yourself by the sea, I will love you there. Assemble yourself with wild things, songs of the sparrow and seafoam. Let mad beauty collect in your eyes - for I long for a man with nests of wild things in his hair. A man who will Kiss the Flame.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 am

Ann, I am so sorry to read this difficult news. I so enjoyed our conversations about your work and your interview with us regarding The Price of Freedom. Anytime we have the participation of an author for our discussion it is a highlight for ONBC. You have done so much for the writing community and helped countless aspiring authors. Thank you for your literary and your personal contributions to the craft. You will be remembered fondly and with great admiration.

DITHOT - Nancy
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Ann, peace be with you, in this difficult time. May you feel the love of family and friends to ease the pain. God bless.
Sleepy (Rosemary)
Funny ol' world, innit?

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:38 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed The Price of Freedom -- parts of it are still alive in my brain I think! I also want to thank you answering our questions. Such a wonderful way to talk about books.

You are in my thoughts daily. You have so many people who care for you.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

ladylinn

Unread postby ladylinn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Dearest Ann - what an honor it was for us at ONBC to get to know you through your writings and discussions with us. Thank you so much and God's blessings and comfort are my prayers for you and your family.
Linn

Bix

Unread postby Bix » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:05 pm

I remember how excited DITHOT and Liz were to even have made contact with you. I know neither they nor any of us expected the amazing level of participation you gave us in our discussion. We all thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and our look behind your writing process. Thank you so much for that and for all you have done for the writing - and reading - community.

Peace to you and your family in the coming days.

Bix (Linda)
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

Return to “The Price of Freedom”