TPOF Question #12 ~ The Labyrinth and The Lies

by A.C. Crispin

Moderator: Liz

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

TPOF Question #12 ~ The Labyrinth and The Lies

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:28 am

Comment on the trip to the labyrinth and Jack's plan of lying to Beckett to hide the truth about the treasure and their trip to find it.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Re: TPOF Question #12 ~ The Labyrinth and The Lies

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 pm

I found the labyrinth confusing. I think that is a mental blockage kind of thing with me since I also got lost in many of the more complicated scenes in the Harry Potter books and the trip to the Fountain in the OST book. So it is probably unfair for me to comment very much.

As always, though, I thought Jack was wise and resourceful in his planning.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I wasn't expecting that part. I know it was mentioned throughout the story, but I was thinking it was elaborate entrance to the island and not a temple where the treasure was kept. Don't know why.... :perplexed:

It was interesting about the lion god. Seems Jack wasn't the only one keeping secrets about the labyrinth. :eyebrow:

I figured Jack would put the stone back and that he gave Christophe a duplicate. But I didn't think he would take any of the treasure after developing a relationship with Ayisha.

I did like that he shared it with the crew and not Beckett and everyone kept their mouths shut about it, even Mercer's guy. :ok:

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:13 pm

nebraska, I was a little confused at times myself but it was an exciting part of the story. It would certainly make a good visual in a movie!

SnoopyDances, Johnny putting the real stone back didn't surprise me nor did taking the treasure. Those two actions gave him the chance to be a good man and a good pirate!

I did wonder how they were going to keep everyone quiet when they got back to Calabar so Beckett wouldn't find out the truth. The magic spell was a good solution.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -

Wow! What a ride!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:nebraska, I was a little confused at times myself but it was an exciting part of the story. It would certainly make a good visual in a movie!

SnoopyDances, Johnny putting the real stone back didn't surprise me nor did taking the treasure. Those two actions gave him the chance to be a good man and a good pirate!

I did wonder how they were going to keep everyone quiet when they got back to Calabar so Beckett wouldn't find out the truth. The magic spell was a good solution.

I agree with that, DITHOT. As I was reading I had all sorts of action pictures in my mind. But I know they weren't quite in sync with the distances and dimensions described in the book.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:16 pm

That is where I had problems too. It's easier for me to learn sometimes when I can see something instead of just reading it.

Wow! What a ride!

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 pm

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas wrote:nebraska, I was a little confused at times myself but it was an exciting part of the story. It would certainly make a good visual in a movie!

Good point. I think he was beginning to turn pirate then, instead of when Beckett ordered him to take the slaves. That's probably why he shared it with the crew. :lol: :captainjack:

gemini

Unread postby gemini » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:45 pm

The labyrinth scenes put me in mind of the adventures of Sinbad where he fought all those imaginary creatures.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 am

gemini, that thought crossed my mind too! :highfive:

Wow! What a ride!

Return to “The Price of Freedom”