Babylon Nights Question #26 ~ FINAL QUESTION

by Daniel Depp

Moderator: Liz

Bix

Re: Babylon Nights Question #26 ~ FINAL QUESTION

Unread postby Bix » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Nebraska, I was just coming to make a comment about Bobby Dye's death, but you pretty much said what I was going to. I think the main purpose was to add to Spandau's sense of failure and loss and to set up his mental state for the beginning of this book.
Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~Auntie Mame

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Couldn't get here last night due to factors beyond my control, but I want to add my great appreciation for our Noodlemantra leaders who must do a tremendous amount of work in preparing the tidbits, deciding the sequencing of the tidbits and the questions, and in lightly keeping that discussion ball in the air as long as possible. It's just a real pleasure to come here and discuss books, and I think alot of that is due to Liz and DITHOT. Congrats ladies. I'm not even here a year and I so enjoy this place.

I just this week ordered my "On Stranger Tides" book. I did consider how the book might affect enjoyment of the movie but decided that they can also be considered compliments. No movie follows a book exactly; no book prepares you for what you'll see lite up in front of you on that screen. I guess I just think of them as variations on the same theme.

Anyway, sadness about leaving this book. Yes, I can't wait for the next chapter in the story, and I will forever be thinking "now what was Daniel doing when he......" Which is fun. I could have gone on at great length on several of these questions, and I do believe I could find additional questions to consider. In fact, if I manage to get my act together, I will post again about names, this time looking a little more deeply about why Daniel might have chose Debord.

Bobby Dye. Yeah, something odd hanging there and I do believe we've all come to the conclusion that Daniel does all things deliberately. That scene was there for a reason. Perhaps the next book will clarify that further.

Oh, and I knew this would happen, suddenly lots of questions rushing into my head. Like, where would you be interested in seeing the story move -- back to Hollywood, a shoot outside the US, etc? Just dream stuff, what would be a kick for you to read about I guess? Then, so we found all this interesting name stuff in the second book. Is this an evolving technique for the author or a one-off for giggles?

I am just not finished with this book. :sigh:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

DeppInTheHeartOfTexas

Unread postby DeppInTheHeartOfTexas » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 pm

ladylinn, we hope to see you for On Stranger Tides...and the rest of you as well!

firefly, that is one thing about ONBC...you can always come back to any question at any time! We will be on break for a couple of weeks while we get ready for On Stranger Tides so if any of you would like to keep Babylon Nights going, on any question, that's
:cool:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -
Wow! What a ride!

Return to “Babylon Nights”