Announcing the Zone's 2011 Birthday Project for MercyCorps--Unite for Japan!

Give in Johnny's honor and help Japan recover from March's earthquake and tsunami.
Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Re: Announcing the Zone's 2011 Birthday Project for MercyCorps--Unite for Japan!

Unread post by Theresa » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Officially, it closes at midnight Eastern time tomorrow night...but we can keep it open through Friday, since it's payday for so many. So you have time to donate again, marthamartha.

Chocolat

Re: Announcing the Zone's 2011 Birthday Project for MercyCorps--Unite for Japan!

Unread post by Chocolat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:34 pm

As we're approaching the threshold of Johnny's birthday here on the East coast, I've made my donation to the Zone's Birthday Project and Mercy Corps.
I happily support this wonderful cause in honor of Johnny and his wishes that we all unite for Japan. Thank you part-time poet and Theresa for your efforts in organizing and overseeing this project, and to all the Zoners for your generosity and support in thought, word and deed.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

hurricane

Unread post by hurricane » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 am

Happy Birthday Johnny! :bouquet: We all love you! My donation is on its way. I'm supporting this cause in honour of Johnny and his wonderfully generous spirit.
"Eddie doesn't pass judgement on people."
"That's right. If I did, I'd have no friends." - Ed Wood

dbcbdc

Unread post by dbcbdc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 am

I happily donated today! Happy Birthday Johnny Depp! You're such a beautiful soul. :worldhug:
"I've known plenty of people in their later years who were like little kids, had the energy of little children, the curiosity and fascination. I think we can keep that. It's important that we keep that."
-Johnny Depp

DebbieJCDFan

Unread post by DebbieJCDFan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

I just finished making my donation, and I'm so pleased I'm able to participate again this year. The Birthday Project is a wonderful way to say Thank You and to honor our gentle, generous Johnny, and to join him in showing the many people in Japan who desperately need help how much we care. Many thanks also to Theresa and PTP for providing us with this opportunity, and to all of the Zoners who have contributed!

Happy Birthday Johnny! We love you!
Wait for the Opportune Moment!
DebbieJCDFan

cats7

Unread post by cats7 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm

I just donated. Thank you for doing this.

Happy Birthday Johnny! :heart: :heart: :heart:
"Mischief as the moon/Summoning beneath/With his gypsy moves/Yearning as the foal/Shy and beautiful..." - NINE, Patti Smith

06.30.08/05.25.12/06.03.12
Heaven.

hattie

Unread post by hattie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Can someody please help me by telling me how I donate from the UK?
Keep tellin yourself that, darlin'

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:06 pm

hattie wrote:Can someody please help me by telling me how I donate from the UK?
hattie, if you have a PayPal account, you can donate through our PayPal link. If not, I think you can donate by credit card through the Mercy Corps link we have on the first post of this thread. If you don't have that, then you'd have to mail a check to the address listed on the first post.

Cesar'sSusie

Unread post by Cesar'sSusie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 pm

We can think of no birthday gift more fitting than to answer Johnny’s plea and give what we can to help those in Japan who have lost so much.
I completely agree! And I have donated in honor of Johnny's birthday but also for the people that have suffered through this devastating disaster. I cannot imagine how they are getting through this, but I send my prayers to all.

Here in Alabama we have been cleaning up from the tornado outbreak of April 27th and have a long, hard road to go. But we are keeping it together because of the community of people that have come together to help. It is so beautiful to see and be a part of. Just like being a 'Zoner' and helping each other out.

Thanks again for a great idea, PTP and putting it all together!
"He's that and a whole lot more," said his driver. "He's a wonderful guy. I'll tell
you firsthand, he's a great man."
. . .and the Golden Globe goes to . . .
Johnny DEPP, for Sweeney Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

docplacer

Unread post by docplacer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Can anyone tell me how much you need to hit $6,000?

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread post by fireflydances » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 pm

docplacer wrote:Can anyone tell me how much you need to hit $6,000?
docplacer: go to the first post of this thread, click on the donate link and you'll see at the bottom that we've raised about $5400 so far. I would check with PtP or Theresa about the exact number because we also receive donations 'not' through Paypal.

Wow, it makes me feel great to be part of this wonderful community. We are going over goal. Nice. :dance:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread post by Theresa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:07 pm

docplacer wrote:Can anyone tell me how much you need to hit $6,000?
Currently, the total is $5713, which is just wonderful! :omg:

So that makes it just under $300 to get to $6000, docplacer.

docplacer

Unread post by docplacer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Done!
I just donated enough to reach the total of a nice round $6,000!
I just hate ragged numbers . . . and since Johnny's favorite number is 3, I
thought it best to just double down!

Well done everyone!

shayemimi

Unread post by shayemimi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 am

Happy Birthday Johnny!!! And Congrats to all the Zoners for such an amazing total so far!!! It's great to be part of this great Zoner family and being a part of helping out where it is so very needed... Love you all!!! :smiliewithhearts:

Laura
'The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn is Just to Love and Be Loved in Return'
"And to boot, he's edibly handsome in a fresh-out-of-the-oven-drizzled-with-full-fat-heavy-cream-and-a-smear-of-butter blueberry muffin delectable sort of way. Savvy?"

audamay

Unread post by audamay » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Thank you to Theresa and PTP for making this possible yet another year.

It makes you proud to be part of all this generosity - :worldhug:
Dreams do come true -
29 June 2009 - 25 February 2010 - 12 May 2011 - then sealed with a kiss on 3 November 2011 then May 9th 2012

Quote "" you mean our grandchildren"

:paint: My Art Gallery