Box Office -- Crimes of Grindelwald

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:32 am

Domestic: $136,693,343 26.1%
+ Foreign: $386,900,000 73.9%
= Worldwide: $523,593,343

December 4th. (Actual, not estimated)
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:09 am

Domestic: $234,037,575 28.8%
+ Foreign: $580,000,000 71.2%
= Worldwide: $814,037,575

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:39 am

:applause2:

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Oh my, In-too-Depp, are those numbers for real??? They make my heart sing! :heartflower: (Box Office Mojo is still showing a worldwide total of only $595,853,410, supposedly numbers through 12/16/18!).
Last edited by justintime on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

reindeermoon

Unread postby reindeermoon » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:19 pm

I have seen the same smaller numbers on BoxOffice Mojo, but some of the foreign numbers are from a week ago or even older.
And CoG is still in the theatres. I really hope it is more than 800 millions.

Newt

Unread postby Newt » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Unfortunately, it has very little left in the tank. It’s doing very well in Japan and should do 20 million more, maybe a little more, with a finish close to FBAWTFT over there.

620-630 M WW finish seems to be the target. Aquaman, Spider-Verse, Mary Poppins Returns, Bumblebee, a lot of competition. TCOG faced a lot more competition than FBAWTFT did honestly, FBAWTFT only faced Moana. TCOG had to battle The Grinch, WIR2, Creed II, etc. It also doesn’t have the word of mouth FBAWTFT had. I love the film but it being very different, more dense, complex and perhaps too dense for some, definitely hurt it.

It decreased quite a lot in the US, South Korea, UK and China, while increasing in France, Germany, and more or less flat in other markets. It did well considering. One should remember (which many don’t) that sequels, especially the second films in series, have a tendency to decrease. Chamber Of Secrets did from PS, PoA from because. The Lost World from Jurassic Park. The Last Jedi from TFA, Fallen Kingdom from Jurassic World, etc.

Yates said the third film would be a lot lighter and simpler, so I’m expecting it’ll be better received and jump back closer to FBAWTFT numbers

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Newt wrote:Unfortunately, it has very little left in the tank. It’s doing very well in Japan and should do 20 million more, maybe a little more, with a finish close to FBAWTFT over there.

620-630 M WW finish seems to be the target. Aquaman, Spider-Verse, Mary Poppins Returns, Bumblebee, a lot of competition. TCOG faced a lot more competition than FBAWTFT did honestly, FBAWTFT only faced Moana. TCOG had to battle The Grinch, WIR2, Creed II, etc. It also doesn’t have the word of mouth FBAWTFT had. I love the film but it being very different, more dense, complex and perhaps too dense for some, definitely hurt it.

It decreased quite a lot in the US, South Korea, UK and China, while increasing in France, Germany, and more or less flat in other markets. It did well considering. One should remember (which many don’t) that sequels, especially the second films in series, have a tendency to decrease. Chamber Of Secrets did from PS, PoA from because. The Lost World from Jurassic Park. The Last Jedi from TFA, Fallen Kingdom from Jurassic World, etc.

Yates said the third film would be a lot lighter and simpler, so I’m expecting it’ll be better received and jump back closer to FBAWTFT numbers

:welcome: Newt!

Yes, This will be a difficult series to maintain (box office-wise) as there are no books to get people excited. Fans will have to wait for each installment to build on momentum for the big finale.

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:18 am

Domestic: $152,881,700 25.6%
+ Foreign: $444,400,000 74.4%
= Worldwide: $597,281,700
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:20 am

Thanks for the update Sweeney, not sure why box office mojo got the figures wrong with my last update. :perplexed:

Return to “News & Views”