Vanessa Paradis marries Samuel Benchetrit today

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Johnny Depp’s ex Vanessa Paradis ‘ties the knot’ with director Samuel Benchetrit

author JJ Nattrass
Saturday 30 Jun 2018 10:36 pm

French actress Vanessa Paradis has married the director Samuel Benchetrit, according to reports.

The couple, who have been an item since 2016, tied the knot in an intimate and discreet ceremony just outside of Paris.

According to French publication Le Parisien, the couple, both 45, said ‘I do’ at a town hall in Saint-Simeon, which is a town the east of French capital.

In pictures obtained by the website, Vanessa – who was previously in a long-term relationship with Johnny Depp – can be seen in said to have leaving the building arm-in-arm with film director Samuel while guests shower them with confetti.

Amongst the guests seen in the photos is Vanessa’s eldest child with Johnny, Lily-Rose Depp, 19 – the couple have a 16-year-old son, John Christopher Depp III.

Vanessa and Samuel were reported to have got engaged back in March, but never confirmed the reports.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Here are the pics from La Parisien. Vanessa looks lovely...

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Vanessa does look lovely.
Lily-Rose is pictured and in one of the photos, I believe Jack is there as well. (in white with back to camera)
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:43 pm

:congrats: To the happy couple!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:51 pm

The romantic in me had always hoped for a reconciliation with Johnny. It is not to be. Vanessa looks beautiful! I am happy for her. :cool:

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:59 pm

:frenchie: Have to admit my first thought was "Bummer," but I hope everyone will be very happy! :bouquet: They all look lovely and it happened at least 2 weeks earlier than rumored. Could be way off base, but I've suspected Johnny has had a special someone for a while. But I am sure this marriage is emotional for him.

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:11 pm

What a truly romantic setting for a wedding! Vanessa does look so lovely. Wish them both a very long and fulfilling marriage.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

kim-t

Unread postby kim-t » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm so happy for her! Congrats to them!! :cloud9:

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:45 am

Congratulations to Vanessa and a happy life for everyone. :heartflower:

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 am

I love Vanessa! I confess I always hoped she and Johnny would reunite, sadly not to be, but I am very happy for her and I do wish them both all the best for the future. Her new husband is very dishy! Vanessa’s dress is beautiful and she looks so happy, am glad for her that she is moving on with her life. :congrats:
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 am

Honestly, I think this is a little sudden but I wish her the best. :rosegirl: I am very impressed they were able to pull this off with all those people and nobody else finding out about the wedding.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

mytreasure

Unread postby mytreasure » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:21 am

Jackslady wrote:I love Vanessa! I confess I always hoped she and Johnny would reunite, sadly not to be, but I am very happy for her and I do wish them both all the best for the future. Her new husband is very dishy! Vanessa’s dress is beautiful and she looks so happy, am glad for her that she is moving on with her life. :congrats:

Agreed, Jackslady! Congratulations, Vanessa! :bouquet:
*Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.*
~Dearest Captain Jack, May your compass always lead you back to us...~

Judymac

Unread postby Judymac » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:Honestly, I think this is a little sudden but I wish her the best. :rosegirl: I am very impressed they were able to pull this off with all those people and nobody else finding out about the wedding.

They have dated for a couple of years. There had been rumors for at least 6 months that they were getting married in July. The tabloids said July 19, maybe they hinted at the wrong date so they could pull it off.

Judymac

Unread postby Judymac » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Congratulations to Vanessa and Samuel. I think Vanessa is very classy. She never had a bad word to say about him when they split up. When a AH trashed Johnny, Vanessa was the first one to publicly defend him.

I also kind of hoped that someday they would get back together. When they were together Johnny would always say that she could calm him down and bring him out of his bad place. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was on tv last night. When I was watching it I thought about how Johnny seemed to be in such a good place in his life back then. The children were small and he and Vanessa seemed so much in love.

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Judymac wrote:
ForeverYoung wrote:Honestly, I think this is a little sudden but I wish her the best. :rosegirl: I am very impressed they were able to pull this off with all those people and nobody else finding out about the wedding.

They have dated for a couple of years. There had been rumors for at least 6 months that they were getting married in July. The tabloids said July 19, maybe they hinted at the wrong date so they could pull it off.

Actually they started dating in 2016 which kind of surprised me they would be marrying so quickly but I guess they had their reasons and I wish Vanessa all the best. :cheers:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Return to “News & Views”