Johnny in Marilyn Manson's video "Say10"

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Not sure how I feel about Johnny in this video. I realize he has a dark side and in the end it's all just acting but this type of video is just not my cup of tea. :shocked:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:43 am

I noticed more things in the video. When Marylin is using the white clothes like Johnny and this is full of blood, it shows marylin tattoo that this is the same Johnny tattoo.

I think I'm wrong before. the girl in the channel looks like she's not safe, because Marylin and Johnny which appear to be mixed in the same character went through the white curtain in the place she was wanting to kill her.

I also saw hatred in Johnny's eyes for the blond girl with cocaine who was sitting at his feet. I understand that Johnny is the :angel: goodness :lovehearts: but he is fighting in a bloody war :grr: because he is suffering much. Wow! That video! Johnny was amazing there :thud: :twohearts: :popcorn: :applause2: :bounce:

Sorry, if someone here made not liked it, it is because you not understood it, :biggrin:
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 am

Someone here saw the photo that Manson put on his Twitter on October 6 th and his quote?
"Say10 (or satan) is alive and well on planet earth. Video reveals all " M Manson.

I just read it now and saw the pic of Manson and his several and big gap on teeth and remember the girl of video inside a channel and she was with the book (bible) with dragon in her hands and I remember of Vanessa. :-O I also saw today another pic of topless of Lily on her instagram. Ok. :headache: Someone can tell me :hope: if Manson is godfather of Lily really and if is true that Johnny not was in the funeral of Mr Andre Paradis? I'm just worried about Johnny and Lily. :smh: There also have some comments so bad in her instagram. :ohno:

https://twitter.com/marilynmanson

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 am

Ade wrote:I only really started enjoying - if that's the right word - MM's music after becoming so into Johnny. I don't know that he wants you to get a single message other than to be yourself and not to follow blindly. A friend of mine who does really like MM explained him to me like this: he was not exactly blessed with good looks and hated how people judged him on how he looked, and how people judge each other. So he really gave them something to look at and judge him on. He's trying to be shocking and provocative because he wants to challenge main stream thinking especially when that is full of prejudices. So stick to your beliefs if that's truly you - but don't hold them because someone else told you to. Personally I have no conflict with listening to his music and going to church.

Apparently he is an incredibly kind, thoughtful person in his personal life and very loyal to his friends. He really backed JD last year and gave an interview which pretty much said she-who-must-not-be-named was lying. Doug Stanhope did a really long podcast about when his girlfriend was in a coma and how kind MM was.

I imagine he and Johnny have quite a lot of fun together including making this video. Once again Johnny is so unconventional - which other Hollywood A list male star would do this?

Johnny can relate to being judge on his look - just from the other side. People being prejudiced, and equalling good looks with a good heart. It's true in his case, in my opinion. He's good both inside and out. But it is still being lazy, if people doesn't know the person and only judge from their looks.

I also find it interesting, that two people, both rumoured to be incredibly kind, thoughtful and very loyal to their friends, are so fascinated with the evil, we all have in us. Or scared of the evil, they think, they see in themselves? In my opinion a person isn't really evil, when she/he still worry about, whether or not she/he is. I start to worry, when a person claims to (brag about) be oh, so very good him or herself.

Being a hen mother and/or worrywart I predict more trouble for Johnny - and Marilyn too - because of the statement in the song, that God and Satan are the same. Some, especially in America, will NOT like that :fear:

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 am

brunasouzota wrote:Someone here saw the photo that Manson put on his Twitter on October 6 th and his quote?
"Say10 (or satan) is alive and well on planet earth. Video reveals all " M Manson.

I just read it now and saw the pic of Manson and his several and big gap on teeth and remember the girl of video inside a channel and she was with the book (bible) with dragon in her hands and I remember of Vanessa. :-O I also saw today another pic of topless of Lily on her instagram. Ok. :headache: Someone can tell me :hope: if Manson is godfather of Lily really and if is true that Johnny not was in the funeral of Mr Andre Paradis? I'm just worried about Johnny and Lily. :smh: There also have some comments so bad in her instagram. :ohno:

Manson said he was LR's godfather but I thought he godfather was a relative of Vanessa's. As for the funeral, maybe Johnny had business he had to take care of or is not in touch with Vanessa's family anymore.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 am

brunasouzota wrote:Someone here saw the photo that Manson put on his Twitter on October 6 th and his quote?

I'm not sure what you mean about Lily on Instagram. I saw an Instagram "story" she posted awhile back explaining allot of the photos she has been or will be posting are recreations of photo shoots her mom did with a somewhat modern spin. You can see some of the pics of her mom taped to the mirror in some of her Instagram

As for Vanessa, he has great affection for her and love for the mother of his children, I don't think he would allow her to be depicted or represented in any form in this video, my opinion

moviemom

Unread postby moviemom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am

Well, that was interesting! Definitely one for fans of MM. Far as I can tell, it's a good song, just not what I listen to normally.
Was not prepared for JD in the make up at first, but as the video progressed, it fit well.
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile:

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Lbock wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean about Lily on Instagram. I saw an Instagram "story" she posted awhile back explaining allot of the photos she has been or will be posting are recreations of photo shoots her mom did with a somewhat modern spin. You can see some of the pics of her mom taped to the mirror in some of her Instagram

As for Vanessa, he has great affection for her and love for the mother of his children, I don't think he would allow her to be depicted or represented in any form in this video, my opinion

The true, we not know he has great affection for Vanessa today.

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:

Manson said he was LR's godfather but I thought he godfather was a relative of Vanessa's. As for the funeral, maybe Johnny had business he had to take care of or is not in touch with Vanessa's family anymore.

It seems Johnny is not in touch with Vanessa anymore, because he was in Paris in the same day of funeral.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Let's keep this thread on topic, please.
Thank you.

Dusi

Unread postby Dusi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Loved the video and the song. I like Marilyns music and what he does.

I had to think about Johnnys first role in Nightmare on Elm Street, where Freddie was trying to get through the wall. Just like Manson did behind the bed with the plastic foil. Nice.
Free lunch, final wisdom, total coverage... why not?
Couldn't resist mate!
A kiss without a beard is like an egg without salt. :-)

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 pm

I thought these were worth mentioning since they are supposed to be his own words

Jackslady

Unread postby Jackslady » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:33 pm

I’m really not familiar with Manson’s work at all. I’ve no issues with this video, Johnny likes to do dark stuff sometimes and I know they are great pals so I dare say he had fun doing it. However after a couple of minutes I lost interest in it, it just doesn’t really go anywhere for me.

I do salute Manson for supporting Johnny though.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Judymac

Unread postby Judymac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:Not sure how I feel about Johnny in this video. I realize he has a dark side and in the end it's all just acting but this type of video is just not my cup of tea. :shocked:

It's not my cup of tea either.

Return to “News & Views”