Johnny in Marilyn Manson's video "Say10"

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
BonBon

Unread postby BonBon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 am

Caution: Not for the faint of heart! Contain nudity and sex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSSwS_Nh9A
He looked at my pictures then to me and he said "Oh very good" 14/12/2010 in Berlin... the day I met Johnny Depp. 8/11/2011 in Paris... I met him again...19/7/2013 in Berlin...I met him for the third time! UNBELIEVABLE

SnoopyDances

Re: Johnny in Marilyn Manson's video "Say10"

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 am

:yikes:

Thanks Bon Bon!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 am

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: That is certainly graphic!

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:31 am

BonBon wrote:Caution: Not for the faint of heart! Contain nudity and sex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSSwS_Nh9A

Not a fan of these types of performances, it find it interesting how others interpret it.
"The clip features Manson and Depp taking on the roles of Cain and Abel; the sons of Adam and Eve from the biblical Book of Genesis.

The intensely gluttonous video climaxes at the point when after their fued reaches its peak, Manson as Cain commits what appears to be the murder of Abel.

Read more at http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/marilyn-m ... aulFUyU.99

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Only watched it once so far - kind of liked it, but mostly I think I like that he'll do these things - the weird stuff that you have to know he likes! Particularly love that he has such a gruesome appearance so soon after those gorgeous magazine pictures of him.

justintime

Johnny in MM's video "Say10"

Unread postby justintime » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm

I honestly don’t know what I was expecting when I first read about this collaboration. Gotta wonder if this is one of those performances where Johnny gave his best, had fun doing something weirdly different, and just walked away when MM said, “Cut!”.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:44 pm

I actually think our JD's perspectives are quite a bit closer to, rather than further away, from his friend. I would sure like to sit down with Manson and have the whole deal explained to me. I like Manson but I don't really get his message.

Beyond that I am always fascinated by the characters that Johnny creates, and that is true here as well. I like that he accepts the challenge Manson offered. Would Johnny have done this one even 5 years ago?
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Pearlsgirl

Unread postby Pearlsgirl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Uh, graphic isn't even descriptive enough. Not my cup of tea, even with Halloween around the corner. Not kiddie fare, that's for sure! Where's the artistry in something as hideous as that? Surprised to see it here...frankly. Just my two doubloons worth.
Gather yourself by the sea, I will love you there. Assemble yourself with wild things, songs of the sparrow and seafoam. Let mad beauty collect in your eyes - for I long for a man with nests of wild things in his hair. A man who will Kiss the Flame.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:57 pm

I only really started enjoying - if that's the right word - MM's music after becoming so into Johnny. I don't know that he wants you to get a single message other than to be yourself and not to follow blindly. A friend of mine who does really like MM explained him to me like this: he was not exactly blessed with good looks and hated how people judged him on how he looked, and how people judge each other. So he really gave them something to look at and judge him on. He's trying to be shocking and provocative because he wants to challenge main stream thinking especially when that is full of prejudices. So stick to your beliefs if that's truly you - but don't hold them because someone else told you to. Personally I have no conflict with listening to his music and going to church.

Apparently he is an incredibly kind, thoughtful person in his personal life and very loyal to his friends. He really backed JD last year and gave an interview which pretty much said she-who-must-not-be-named was lying. Doug Stanhope did a really long podcast about when his girlfriend was in a coma and how kind MM was.

I imagine he and Johnny have quite a lot of fun together including making this video. Once again Johnny is so unconventional - which other Hollywood A list male star would do this?

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Fantastic video. Fantastic lyric. :applause: :bounce:
I don't like the Manson and I don't like naked woman in public.:gollum: :yuck:
I love you so much Johnny.:angel: :heartbeat:
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

So why not give the video a chance and ponder what you take away from it...

Manson had leaked that there was a video coming out with Johnny and they would be wrestling. Maybe Manson was speaking to the metaphor of wrestling with good and evil (God/Satan-say10, Able/Cain-cocaine) Johnny in white I guess representing good was clearly tormented being good, or being bad felt so good (the woman in the bed). The lyrics also mention snakes and money something Johnny has been dealing with and Manson spoke out for him. Johnny also (mouthing the words) points to his face "I'm a legend, I'm not a fable" (not sure what to take from that)

I see drugs/Cocaine being depicted. (It's in the lyrics). All the white, looking drugged, sniffing the back of hand or wiping nose on back of hand. Head lolls side to side, paranoia hiding behind the chair but wanting to watch. Johnnys eyes, goodness, Johnny's character looks more drugged than Mansons I think. Makes sense if the evil character is tainting the good character. (I'm talking imagery here not reality) An article felt Manson kills Johnny's character in the end.

Manson had this to say about the video "I am here to be all that I am accused of not being. And to be blamed for what you made Me."

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:47 pm

I simply love it!
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Lbock wrote:So why not give the video a chance and ponder what you take away from it...

Manson had leaked that there was a video coming out with Johnny and they would be wrestling. Maybe Manson was speaking to the metaphor of wrestling with good and evil (God/Satan-say10, Able/Cain-cocaine) Johnny in white I guess representing good was clearly tormented being good, or being bad felt so good (the woman in the bed). The lyrics also mention snakes and money something Johnny has been dealing with and Manson spoke out for him. Johnny also (mouthing the words) points to his face "I'm a legend, I'm not a fable" (not sure what to take from that)

I see drugs/Cocaine being depicted. (It's in the lyrics). All the white, looking drugged, sniffing the back of hand or wiping nose on back of hand. Head lolls side to side, paranoia hiding behind the chair but wanting to watch. Johnnys eyes, goodness, Johnny's character looks more drugged than Mansons I think. Makes sense if the evil character is tainting the good character. (I'm talking imagery here not reality) An article felt Manson kills Johnny's character in the end.

Manson had this to say about the video "I am here to be all that I am accused of not being. And to be blamed for what you made Me."

It seems to me Manson's character not kills Johnny's character in the end, :twohearts: because both are sitting in the his chair to the end, :yes3: but certainly two girls or more is dead, :yuck2: because there is many blood with money. I realized the naked girls is gone and the lonely girl of bed was safe. I love it. :myheart: :lovedrunk:

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 pm

brunasouzota wrote:
Lbock wrote:So why not give the video a chance and ponder what you take away from it...

It seems to me Manson's character not kills Johnny's character in the end, :twohearts: because both are sitting in the his chair to the end, :yes3: but certainly two girls or more is dead, :yuck2: because there is many blood with money. I realized the naked girls is gone and the lonely girl of bed was safe. I love it. :myheart: :lovedrunk:

The lyrics include able and cocaine (cane) and cane did kill able from the Bible . I watched, and Manson is moving in the chair, I don't see Johnny moving at all in the end. Plus Manson was using his tie to strangle Johnny earlier.

You are good, I didn't even pay attention to the girls in the end.

Also I believe too this is Mansons video and his art and vision, Johnny is the actor. Maybe had some suggestions, but Manson worked with a producer/director. Johnny showed for an afternoon and did as instructed (he is only in one scene. Just my guess

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Lbock wrote:
brunasouzota wrote:

The lyrics include able and cocaine (cane) and cane did kill able from the Bible . I watched, and Manson is moving in the chair, I don't see Johnny moving at all in the end. Plus Manson was using his tie to strangle Johnny earlier.

You are good, I didn't even pay attention to the girls in the end.

Also I believe too this is Mansons video and his art and vision, Johnny is the actor. Maybe had some suggestions, but Manson worked with a producer/director. Johnny showed for an afternoon and did as instructed (he is only in one scene. Just my guess

:signhi: Lbock, You also are good, but there not blood in Johnny sitting in the chair to the end and Johnny seems want strangle the girl twice times or two girls. I realized the his hand in her neck or necks. I saw Johnny suffering and the evil fighting with him, but he win to the end. :smiliewithhearts: :loveshower: :bounce: :yahoo:

Return to “News & Views”